PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Zinger Differential question

Arrant
01-13-2016, 10:11 PM
I know I am new here and I'm sorry if I am looking for advice but I could really use it. I hope in the future there is more I can contribute to this site so here's my question. I have a 86 4-zinger I bought in parts. I found most of the parts I needed on Ebay (and paid dearly for them) and am now stuck on the rear end. There is a spacer between the rear differential bearings That I am missing (I think) at least thats what the diagram shows.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226045&d=1452737210&thumb=1&stc=1

I hope this upload works and maybe someone can help me out. #8 is what I am missing. Is this part necessary? The bearings press into the housing and this goes between them.It seems as it may not be needed but I do realize when things are designed they are designed with extensive research and this is most likely an important part. Thanks a lot for any help...

jonolanracin
01-21-2016, 12:47 AM
The spacer is what keeps bearings apart and lined up im sure its a neccasary part if you cant find one i have a parts zinger i maybe able to help

jerkin
01-21-2016, 08:59 AM
Yes, you need it. It rides against the inner ring of both bearings so that when you torque the axle nuts you are not putting a huge preload on those inner rings that would cause bearing failure.