PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Gas Tank

short4stuff
01-25-2004, 05:38 PM
how do you ship a gas tank?? doesn;t it smell through the package like gas? Anyone have an estimate of the price to ship from any where to anywhere?

200xman
01-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Anytime I shipped a tank I let it sit outside in the sun with the cap off for a few days to let the gas evaporate. Than I wrap them up in a bunch of garbage bags that are taped shut. Haven't had a problem so far. ;)

250rAL
01-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't tell the shipper what it is. They might not accept it.

thefox
01-26-2004, 11:32 AM
I have shipped a tank through UPS from New York to Tennessee for about $12. Just make sure that you dry it out, and tape it up well. I told them what it was and they said that as long as it was dry it was fine.

-Andrew

renotrikeguy
01-27-2004, 11:11 PM
I just had a carby shipped from NewYork to Nevada , and the postal carrier refused to deliver it to my house. He asked me "What the hell are you expecting from NewYork?"

Told him it was a package of motorcycle parts. He said while he was sorting the mail at the Post Office he had my package on his rack and the smell was making him dizzy and stuff. So he told his supervisor about it and they sat the package outside of the building for the rest of the day.

Then he told me I would be better off picking it up from the Post Office the next day. So I did. I had to explain to the person at the counter that I was there to pick up my package and gave them my addresss.. They couldn't locate the package at first. And this is not a big office at all.

After about 10 minutes of looking, I mentioned that my postal carrier didn't want to deliver it because it stunk. That is when they knew exactly what package I was talking about, and found it 2 minutes later.

So just a bit of advise, make sure you wrap the tank up very well, possibly in a plastic bag and seal it so no odor can escape.

The Postal Carrier told me he thought it was Anthrax.. What a moron.