PDA

View Full Version : 85 Big Red restoration, need help finding wheels

dsprad26
01-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Hello, first let me begin by saying, I began finding and restoring old trikes about a year and a half ago and stumbled upon the site shortly thereafter. I have always considered my mechanical aptitude pretty high as I have been a heavy equipment mechanic for very many years, but this site has made me feel like a complete beginner many times over. The level of technical ability of some of you guys is absolutely amazing. These forums have answered many questions for me without a need to post, so for that, thank you. Now to reason for this post, I am about 70% finished with a restoration on my 85 big red. I am trying to decide on which tire and wheel combination to go with. My problem is I am having difficulty finding somewhere to get new wheels, as well as deciding on which size to go with. I want to stay with the stock height tire, but thinking of going with a larger rim diameter. I have seen post one here of people who have done that but I haven't seen any details on where they got them and what size/offset I need to ask for. Everything is new on this bike, complete with powder coated frame etc, so I want something that will look good, but at the same time, I don't want to go crazy as far as expense (my wife s already flipping out at how much I have spent on this project already). I'm not opposed to going with stock wheels, but I am one short. Stock wheels are pricey on ebay so I figured by the time I purchase 1 wheel, and then pay to have all three powder coated, I could probably buy a new set of something I would like more. Thanks in advance, hooked on the site, I will post pictures of my project soon, I'm pretty proud of it.

Jmoozy27
01-19-2016, 10:47 AM
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/111846003552

These should work for the rear

Jmoozy27
01-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Check this thread out...

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/131970-1985-Big-Red-250es-Build-!!!!FINISHED!!!!

Lots of info

dsprad26
01-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Sweet, that's exactly what I was looking for, I read the tread on the big red restoration before but he wasn't clear on where he got the rims from, now I know. I appreciate the help.