PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul for President

Billy Golightly
01-20-2016, 02:34 PM
Since we all trade theories and such on politics and the economy around here anyways...heres my candidate;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDwVFkIecxc

If you've not done some research on Rand or don't know much about him...you owe it to yourself to do a little bit of learning.

El Camexican
01-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately with Rand everyday is a bad hair day. As superficial as that sounds the average American voter is about as superficial as they come (sorry guys). Another problem with him (and his Dad) is that they are too smart. It's hard to bond with the masses when your I.Q. is double what most of theirs is, just ask Barnett, sorry, couldn't resist :lol::lol::lol:

Did you see Palin screaming on stage with the Donald yesterday and firing up the masses? (God I feel sorry for her husband, can you imagine that voice telling you to take out the trash?).

It would be great if your guy won, but don't get your hopes up, too many angry people are seeking a candidate that will vent on stage and TV for them this time around. I think Hitler in a hair piece is your next GOP candidate.

Mosh
01-20-2016, 06:32 PM
At this point, a low scoring NASA training chimp is better than what we have now, or anything the demoncraps have to offer...

Billy Golightly
01-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately with Rand everyday is a bad hair day. As superficial as that sounds the average American voter is about as superficial as they come (sorry guys). Another problem with him (and his Dad) is that they are too smart. It's hard to bond with the masses when your I.Q. is double what most of theirs is, just ask Barnett, sorry, couldn't resist :lol::lol::lol:

Did you see Palin screaming on stage with the Donald yesterday and firing up the masses? (God I feel sorry for her husband, can you imagine that voice telling you to take out the trash?).

It would be great if your guy won, but don't get your hopes up, too many angry people are seeking a candidate that will vent on stage and TV for them this time around. I think Hitler in a hair piece is your next GOP candidate.

Oh, for sure. Its gonna wind up being Trump - Rand has almost no chance. He is an example of what a good candidate looks like though. I'm too much of an idealist I reckon.

And yes, on Palin. Gives me chills.

ironchop
01-20-2016, 10:06 PM
Rand and Ron hate the Federal Reserve and understand how devastating that little group has been to the American Dream. Rand is from here in town and is well respected both personally and politically by even leftists here.

Unfortunately I'm afraid Rand would be our next assassinated US President. The last time a potus had serious plans to reign in the Fed, he (JFK) ended up dead.

A couple other Presidents ended up dead or almost dead who also opposed central banks. Lincoln (disputed by some) and Andrew Jackson (the ONLY American president to pay off all the National Debt too).

Point to ponder

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

yaegerb
01-20-2016, 10:23 PM
Rand and Ron hate the Federal Reserve and understand how devastating that little group has been to the American Dream. Rand is from here in town and is well respected both personally and politically by even leftists here.

Unfortunately I'm afraid Rand would be our next assassinated US President. The last time a potus had serious plans to reign in the Fed, he (JFK) ended up dead.

A couple other Presidents ended up dead or almost dead who also opposed central banks. Lincoln and Andrew Jackson (the ONLY American president to pay off all the National Debt too).

Point to ponder

Nonetheless, if he is on the ballot, he's getting my vote.

ironchop
01-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Did you notice how much camera time Rand used to get before he started officially running? Then, like a switch went off, they just ignored him. He was making weekly appearances in the media about all sorts of policy issues and then nothing!

The RNC tactic with Trump seemed to be "put the spotlight on him for ten minutes and he'll hang himself and our problem is solved".....except they seriously underestimated the disgust the American public has for its politicians and status quo so its totally backfired on them. They are giving the election to Trump while trying to destroy him.

Billy Golightly
01-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Rand was doing pretty well on national poll levels before Trump starting pounding his chest and the media started soaking it all up from what I recall as well.

Its a sad state of affairs to me, because he is such a good candidate, and for the most part he is "right there" but likelihood is slim to none. Wont keep me from voting for him in the primary either though.

atctim
01-29-2016, 11:43 AM
I think he would make an amazing president. I fear a vote for him would be a wasted vote though. What bothers me most is that all these voters are so stupid and caught up in the "reality tv" crap that they pay no attention to the REAL issues. Perfect example, when everyone in the media and on social media was talking about the Donald boycotting the debate (which by the way - I think he did a great job of doing the Vet thing) - this was happening. Did anyone notice? No. Why, because it is not covered by anyone. This is the problem with our feckless leader and his draconian media outlets - Fox Included I am starting to think.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/28/report-obama-joins-israel-boycott/

what a slime ball president.

Billy Golightly
01-29-2016, 08:27 PM
YA know i really wish i could believe Rand Paul because i certainly believe in his father ! If someone said he`s a hand puppet of his father i`d be all in for it ! Last night Rand Paul said his father was the most HONEST man in politics in the last 5yrs ! Does that mean Rand is dishonest ? The problem is he`s back tract himself on so many issues that you can`t trust him ! Wishy-washy political garbage ! Ron Paul with kid for running mate now you`re talking (probably not legal) Go ahead and elect TRUMP we have`nt had a nice assignation in a long time !.......IDK how monkey boy got away without being pinched .

I'm not really aware of Rand backtracking on...really, anything? What in particular has he been wishy-washy on? (legitimately curious)

Scootertrash
01-29-2016, 09:12 PM
I really like Rand Paul. The only problem with any candidate and any of their "goals" (I won't use "promises") is that they also need a majority in the Senate and Congress, as well as a President on their side, to make those goals happen.

Billy Golightly
01-29-2016, 09:21 PM
The gay marriage stance was that it should be up to the states and not the federal government (which constitutionally - is correct). It would have allowed more liberal states (NY,CA, et al) to do their thing and more religious states their thing. Its now a non-issue since the supreme court ruling.

I've not seen him advocate more spending on military and send more troops to fight isis. In fact in the last debate when he was asked what he would do - he said he would quit sending them free money and arms as a starter like we're doing now. Its been the total opposite

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/26/rand-paul-on-protecting-america-against-isis/

"It’s funny how the neoconservatives that want to go back and send troops to fight ISIS right now, they say, ‘Oh, yeah, we need to send ten thousand.’ I’m closer to, it’s either zero or five hundred thousand – in the sense that, zero is kind of where I am right now, in the sense that I think the people who live there are gonna have to fight the war. We tried fighting the war for them, and it didn’t work so well. We toppled Hussein, and I think we’re more at risk now because of the Iraq War."

“The primary thing we have to understand about war is that Congress declares war, war should be the last resort,” he said. “We need to be strong enough to repel and deter attack, but we shouldn’t be eager for war.”

That was 4 days ago.

Billy Golightly
01-29-2016, 09:37 PM
No. Its failing because he wont just spout off and tell people what they want to hear ala Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders to pander for votes.

The dude has principals - says what he thinks and sticks to it. If anything the low polling #s prove that more than anything else to me...:lol:

He wants to cut military spending (bloat, not mission critical things, but any kind of defensive cuts are always spun as a terrible thing), he wants to shut down entire government agencies. He wants to stop sending money over seas to "allied" countries. He's talking about private prison system reform, A lot of things that burns the ass of many people but are the right choices to make.

ironchop
01-29-2016, 10:40 PM
He's the most middle of the road, slightly progressive candidate we have.

His stance on giving certain nonviolent felons back the right to vote and end felony conviction job discrimination should appeal greatly to left of center moderates....as should his opinions of dealing with a private banking cartel whom is THE reason for unending boom and bust economies and a large portion of America's poverty rate.

He's come out as supporting more clean air and water initiatives too which angered some Republican friends of mine.

Really its about breaking perceptions and stereotypes between Americans first before they'll make better choices. Because Rand runs as a Republican, he's obviously a 'Faux News' watcher who clings to his sky-god and his AR15 and his freedums and his Konstitution and he hates wimmins and wimmins helfcur and brown people and the poor and Naychurr. #hatenotcoolbro.

This is one of the reasons he has no crossover appeal when he should be DOMINATING the Middle American voters in my opinion.

Billy Golightly
01-31-2016, 05:50 PM
I think your on to something ..... the majority of people are full of caca and what they deserve IS caca ! Can`t we consider consulting Ron Paul ?

http://rare.us/story/ron-and-rand-paul-are-holding-a-big-rally-together-on-the-eve-of-the-iowa-caucus/

your prayer has been answered

Scootertrash
01-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Well maybe all is not lost:

People following candidates on Facebook

As of 1/31/16

Donald Trump 5,532,599
Ben Carson 5,054,085
Bernie Sanders 2,527,205
Hillary Clinton 2,332,983
Rand Paul 2,107,569
Ted Cruz 1,829,559
Marco Rubio 1,224,918
Carly Fiorina 546,635
Jeb Bush 320,373
Rick Santorum 268,871
John Kasich 158,771
Chris Christie 148,344
Martin O'Malley 112,188

El Camexican
01-31-2016, 11:14 PM
And I guess that a lot of Trump's followers are likely just wanting to see him screw up VS planning to vote for him..

Billy Golightly
02-01-2016, 09:10 AM
I think its a lot of bleed over from the apprentice. For example, I had liked his page before he announced just because I liked to read his interesting little quotes and have a sneak peak into the life of the ultra rich, but didn't pay much attention to his political policies and interests

atc007
02-01-2016, 10:00 AM
We'll have a little better idea tonight ;)