PDA

View Full Version : just purchased a 84 125 m that had trouble shifting,now wont shift at all

brian l
01-24-2016, 03:05 PM
My recent purchase seems to have lost all gears.It was shifting weird and after riding about 30 mins,it seems to be stuck in neutral.Now the shifter seems very sloppy,and wont engage into gear.I have a friend who says its the shifter fork,and He can repair it.don't know where to find parts,and should I put a clutch or any other worn parts in it while it is apart.seems to be in decent shape for the year.Wife will be super mad when She finds out I bought a broken trike!Would also like to buy some Misc parts.Rear end bearings are sloppy,and the headlight assembly is missing.Chain guard and rear tool box cover too.Anyway,I would like to ride it soon,but as a new member not sure how this works as far as buying parts.I live in North East Ohio if anybody is close for parts.Thank You,Brian

jerkin
01-24-2016, 05:06 PM
You can buy them in pretty nice shape for $400-$500 so I wouldn't put too much money into it.

josh383
01-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Check on ebay, I recently got everything minus the case for the hi/lo range selector for like $12 I think. Get a shop manual too, or there's somewhere on this site where you can access shop manuals, I remember reading that but didn't check it out, I'm old fashioned and like paper....

jerkin
01-25-2016, 12:21 AM
http://www.atcmanuals.info/