PDA

View Full Version : Wire harness

KawiKLT
01-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Good afternoon, my question is can a 1985 honda 250sx wiring harness fit and work on a 1985 kawasaki klt 250 c3??

ps2fixer
01-25-2016, 02:26 PM
I took a real quick peek at a wire harness diagram, and the circuits look completely different, however I have never seen the layout etc. Generally a wire harness will only work for the same brand, and similar models from a few year spread, some machines don't change much so rarely the same harness is used for much longer.

What is wrong with the harness for your kawasaki, or I should re word it, why do you think the harness is bad? Of course if it is missing that is another story =D.

I haven't really done much with kawasaki's for wire harnesses, but I'm interested in expanding the templates I have on hand for reproduction. If your harness is in fairly good shape to be able to measure the layout and such, I could probably make a reproduction run of it. I haven't calculated the cost since I don't know measurements, but I'd guess it would be between $60 and $80. I only saw one auction on ebay for this machine's harness, so I suspect there are others having trouble finding replacements.

KawiKLT
01-25-2016, 06:39 PM
I took a real quick peek at a wire harness diagram, and the circuits look completely different, however I have never seen the layout etc. Generally a wire harness will only work for the same brand, and similar models from a few year spread, some machines don't change much so rarely the same harness is used for much longer.

What is wrong with the harness for your kawasaki, or I should re word it, why do you think the harness is bad? Of course if it is missing that is another story =D.

I haven't really done much with kawasaki's for wire harnesses, but I'm interested in expanding the templates I have on hand for reproduction. If your harness is in fairly good shape to be able to measure the layout and such, I could probably make a reproduction run of it. I haven't calculated the cost since I don't know measurements, but I'd guess it would be between $60 and $80. I only saw one auction on ebay for this machine's harness, so I suspect there are others having trouble finding replacements.

I bought the 3 wheeler for 50$ ear then end of last year, it has not ran for 2 years and the guy who had it destroyed the whole wire harnes so i need a new one completly. The engine still has comprsion and turns over, i tried to rewire it but i dont know exactly how to read the wire diagram. So if you can make a reproduction one for me that would be awesome. Just let me know exactly what you need to know to be able to do it

ps2fixer
01-25-2016, 07:11 PM
I need a harness in hand to reproduce it, I actually take them apart and find how they are spliced together and copy the same placement and lengths as OEM since they designed it that way for a reason. Since there are none on ebay, I'll throw up a wanted post for one in the classified section. I'm not sure if you can view or post there though, but I'll link back to this thread. I'll be eating the cost of the harness to copy it, and I do have a small bit of a back log so it might be a while before I'll have it made. I'll post images etc when I get it done.

KawiKLT
01-26-2016, 02:33 PM
I need a harness in hand to reproduce it, I actually take them apart and find how they are spliced together and copy the same placement and lengths as OEM since they designed it that way for a reason. Since there are none on ebay, I'll throw up a wanted post for one in the classified section. I'm not sure if you can view or post there though, but I'll link back to this thread. I'll be eating the cost of the harness to copy it, and I do have a small bit of a back log so it might be a while before I'll have it made. I'll post images etc when I get it done.

okay thank you, i am not able to post in clasified section yet, so thank you for that. Please keep me up dated on your progress and thank you so much again

ps2fixer
01-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Not a problem =). I added your harness to my todo list, hopefully someone has a spare harness.

KawiKLT
01-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Not a problem =). I added your harness to my todo list, hopefully someone has a spare harness.

okay thank you

ps2fixer
01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
I must have been blind when I was looking up the harness... but looks like Kawasaki still makes it!

HARNESS,MAIN | F/NO. 502801- 26001-4026 - Out of production
HARNESS,MAIN | -F/NO. 502800 - 26001-4018 - http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/kawasaki/KP-26001-4018.html

Depending on your frame number you might be able to use the $33.59 harness. Sadly I don't know the difference between the two, it looks like all the machines that used the out of production harness also used the one still listed. Kind of confusing, but for the price, it seems pretty cheap for OEM new.

KawiKLT
01-29-2016, 06:26 PM
I must have been blind when I was looking up the harness... but looks like Kawasaki still makes it!

HARNESS,MAIN | F/NO. 502801- 26001-4026 - Out of production
HARNESS,MAIN | -F/NO. 502800 - 26001-4018 - http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/kawasaki/KP-26001-4018.html

Depending on your frame number you might be able to use the $33.59 harness. Sadly I don't know the difference between the two, it looks like all the machines that used the out of production harness also used the one still listed. Kind of confusing, but for the price, it seems pretty cheap for OEM new.

I see thank you i will check it out.

ps2fixer
02-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Update on this, I sourced the older model harness (82), but no luck on the newer style yet. The member mentioned the newer ones have an electric fuel pump instead of a vacuum based one.

KawiKLT
02-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Update on this, I sourced the older model harness (82), but no luck on the newer style yet. The member mentioned the newer ones have an electric fuel pump instead of a vacuum based one.

I see i found a better wire diagram

ps2fixer
02-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Can you post it? Is there also a good diagram for the older model too?

KawiKLT
02-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Can you post it? Is there also a good diagram for the older model too?

I sure can here is the photo. As for the older one i am not sure227442 hope it work

ps2fixer
02-06-2016, 07:47 PM
That wire diagram is for a Honda ATC200S, I thought it was for the klt250?

There is a klt160, klt200 and kxt250 (tecate) on this site, but nothing for the klt250 that I have seen so far.

KawiKLT
02-06-2016, 10:14 PM
That wire diagram is for a Honda ATC200S, I thought it was for the klt250?

There is a klt160, klt200 and kxt250 (tecate) on this site, but nothing for the klt250 that I have seen so far.

Oh okay i see, i will try and see if i can find anything. The link you sent me, i cant see the wire harness all i see is a part number on that site

ps2fixer
02-06-2016, 11:07 PM
On the bottom of the page it links what machines the part number fits and shows an exploded view of the parts.