PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Honda atc 110 carburetor leaks

Hagamatic
01-28-2016, 08:05 AM
Hello all,

So I was lucky enough to purchase an 84 110 which incidentally was my first three wheeler purchase as a young buck about 30 years ago. Went over entire machine doing all the maintenance etc. Got it running and noticed that fuel was leaking near the filter bowl or petcock area. I removed the entire carb, soaked it, rebuilt it with all the new orings and such. Now I have a gusher. I had fuel in the air box, leaking everywhere. Removed it again, took it apart to see if something was wrong. Rebuilt it again and no change. I must be loosing my mind as I have done hundreds of these over the years. Any thoughts from the members on this???

shovelryder
01-28-2016, 10:13 AM
does it run good? Leak when running? Im thinking needle and seat/float....

Hagamatic
01-28-2016, 10:58 AM
It ran prior to the carb rebuild and leaked also. It leaked running and not running. After the rebuild, I couldn't get it started as it was leaking pretty well. I will check the float again. Thanks

Big G
01-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Definitely sounds like the float valve isn't sealing properly. Did you replace the float valve? Also, make sure you're float is re-installed the right way up.

sledcrazyinCT
01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Most likely not main problem you are experiencing but I have had a couple 110/125 kiehen carbs that sat so long with old gas in them that the aluminum has become porous in the fuel bowl and petcock area. When pulling these carbs apart the whole fuel bowl was filled with a white powder.