PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x Doesnt Idle

LegendaryTriker
01-31-2016, 09:14 PM
I have a 200x that runs good no issues except that i cant seem to get it to idle at all. If i adjust the idle it will idle too high or not at all. Any ideas on how to fix ?
( This 200x hasnt idled right in years )

ebaccm26
01-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Clean your carb. Make sure you can see straight through the idle jet.

yaegerb
01-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Clean carb (Chem dip, blow clean with carb cleaner and compressed air), then rebuild it with a shindy kit.

NETRA3
02-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Familiarize yourself with all carb functions....main and pilot jets have small orifices that are commonly overlooked, I use a piece of small wire to clean them, but be careful, brass can easily be damaged. The '' needle jet '' will sometimes have tiny holes that need to be cleaned out as well.

boy&hisdogs
02-07-2016, 12:15 AM
Clean your carb, as the others mentioned. When I first got mine it was doing the opposite, it started and idled fine but choked and died when I revved it. Turned out that there were was like a gummy sand that the old gas had turned into and clogged the main jet. I'd bet yours is probably clogged on the pilot/idle jet. It wouldn't hurt to check your valves too. There was a night and day difference between the start and idle on my bike after I adjusted mine.

effort=results
02-07-2016, 05:10 AM
Are u filtered and piped. That will throw them off.