PDA

View Full Version : There goes another 350x

350xtrike.rider
02-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Im always saddened to see some idiot parting out an old trike no matter the model. Like just sell it to someone that will put it back together, rather then spreading the parts all over kingdom come and making it harder and more expensive for the next guy that wants to build one!

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/snw/5426350217.html

Troyg25
02-02-2016, 12:51 AM
I would still pay those prices for parts. 350x parts are rare as a wild unicorn running in the field. Only if I could find parts to finish my builds and keep them from hoarders storing them. Takes the fun out of it when bikes are parted out on eBay. I feel your pain.

bkm
02-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Or one can argue that this "idiot" has allowed several other bikes to live by selling this one as parts. Also how is putting more parts into circulation making it more expensive for someone to build a bike later on? I'm no economic expert, but I would think that the more there is of something (ie. 350x parts) the more the cost will come down?

ironchop
02-02-2016, 09:06 AM
I don't see where it says he's parting out a previously whole unit. For all we know, the guy was buying a bunch of pieces of 350X to try and put together a whole bike because he couldn't find one. Then maybe he (or she. Girls ride too) lost interest or had a family emergency and has to sell it all before it was completed.

I know this is a possibility because I've done the same thing myself.

Sometimes I get disappointed to see a near mint trike from the southwest get parted on flea bay but then I buy those minty parts to put on my own machines and I'm suddenly not so sad

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

Matt85'350x
02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Im always saddened to see some idiot parting out an old trike no matter the model. Like just sell it to someone that will put it back together, rather then spreading the parts all over kingdom come and making it harder and more expensive for the next guy that wants to build one!

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/snw/5426350217.html

As it sits it's not complete. Fact is a partial trike is not worth near what the total of the individual parts are.

atc12
02-02-2016, 02:02 PM
I would also part that bike out and do not think this makes him an ''idiot''. Lots of bikes are saved from parts that are no longer available. Better then having them all be garbage in my opinion. Guess i'm just an ''idiot'' too... That must make fixing your trikes pretty difficult since you obviously don't buy any used parts from such ''idiots''.