PDA

View Full Version : NFL Quarterbacks

El Camexican
02-08-2016, 10:49 PM
I watch but ONE NFL game per year and after yesterday's "show" I don't think it will even be that many next year. I couldn't believe the candy ass spoiled brat antics of this Cam Newton guy during yesterdays game, then I see he made even more of an ass of himself after the game???

Seems like the NFL attracts more than it's fair share of women beaters and all round sh*t heads. You'd think that along with the personal trainers, nutritionists and coaches the teams would spring for some etiquette classes to disguise the fact many of their "stars" graduated college unable to tie their shoes, much less behave like adults in public.

I think I'll stick to hockey and baseball for now, as the NBA seems to have almost as bad a PR problem as football does.

Rant over.

jonolanracin
02-09-2016, 01:21 AM
Jusr anothet spoiled entitled moon cricket im so happy to see him get thrashed like he did.go broncos

83ATC185
02-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Sports now in general are becoming more and more like the opening scene of BASEketball...

I didn't watch the game, but i notice that i didn't hear about much of the game afterward. What i did hear about was grown men acting like kids on the field, some black panthers type outfits, a pop music halftime show with no class. They released a bunch of the commercials before the game because here in America we aren't even patient enough to wait one more week to see an advertisement.

The whole thing is a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro show in general. I'll stick to watching college football and less popular sports where the spirit of competition is strong and winning is more important than the fame or anything else.

ironchop
02-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I mostly quit watching NFL several years ago. I occasionally catch a game here and there but never more than once a year anymore.

You put on some Crimson Tide or some Hook 'em, Horns and I'm all over those games like white on rice. College football is way more exciting and with less crybabies or public drama.

You have to blame Sports® as much as anything else. I knew while watching unproven Manziel get his testicles gobbled by ever sportscaster on the planet that he would amount to zero. The outright worship some people pile onto these guys is dumbfounding but a symptom of a broader American culture issue. We create these little narcissists and then we get upset when they act like douche nozzles. Same with Newton. He acts like that because he knows the cameras are always on HIM. So he acts up accordingly. Same with every other NFL Flavor of the Week player with few exceptions.

I can't watch sports commentary anymore because NONE OF THEM have anything intelligent to add. Its all clichés and nonsense.

Pregame, postgame, or during the game its always better on mute. Less talk, more smashing, and a lot more stfu, please and thank you.

"We need to step it up"

" we need to get out there and take care of business"

"We are going to go out and give 110%"

"We are just here to play ball"

"Defense needs to step it up"

"Offense needs to attack more"

"At the end of the day......"

"We don't care about the playoffs, we just care about next week"

"We are in a rebuilding year"

"These guys need maturity"

"We are going to go out there and just have fun and not worry about anything else"

"They weren't playing like a team tonight"

"They didn't want it bad enough" (which implies a coach or player is friggin stupid enough to think that intent always trumps skill).

Nobody has said a dam thing new in thirty five years of sports interviews. It makes me sad to see most kids are so dense already that maybe SportsBall is their only shot at a decent income.

Nowadays I enjoy MMA.....for now as I'm sure they will make drama take precedence over butt kicking because violence is bad m'kay.

Its coming to the MMA too. After Rousey the Goddess was defeated by Holly Holme, all anyone talks about is poor Rousey. Will she fight again? Demanding an immediate rematch to ease their sorrow over their Great Hero falling from Valhalla. Meanwhile, the skill, hard work, tenacity, and perseverance of Holly Holme got totally overshadowed by PITY for the LOSER.

For now Football is all about egos, commercials, black power, puppies and ponies, kittens, doritos and budweiser, and entertainment for women only during halftime, and how hawt was that referee.

Pathetic.

Im not sure when so many sports quit being about the game and started being nothing more than a semi-scripted reality show starring some athletes.

No thanks.

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

83ATC185
02-09-2016, 02:28 PM
^This is why i love small sports, such as dirt track racing. No one knows who these people are, nor do they care as long as they take that spray painted monte carlo one more lap before it locks up from running hot and out of water..everyone's there because they love it, they do it for the mullets and the Monte Carlos. Not to mention, we won free cheese fries at a race once and who doesn't get excited about free cheese fries? But once a sport gets big enough that it starts being about the people, it starts a downhill slide. Thank God the dirt track seems to be immune to that for the time being.

Now you have kids taught (forced?)at a young age to be a "sports star". Not to learn and love and be good at a game, but to be famous, and i think we're finally seeing the repercussions of that attitude. Ever sat in a restaurant near a little league field after a game? Pretty sure we all have. It's anything but sportsmanlike. And its not the kids either.

The Super Bowl is like everything that is wrong with America packed into a 3 hour show. It's truly embarrassing and a misrepresentation of the good people of America to the rest of the world. You can easily see why other countries hate our guts.