PDA

View Full Version : Back on three

RiJiD-WILL
02-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Hey fellas it's been a little while but I'm back had spinal surgery last year and have been fighting the pain rehabilitation is going slowly but I am getting back to the garage and my projects that have been collecting dust. Should be riding again by summer!

It's good to see everyone and be on the forums again.

C5-6 disc removal and fusion

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j328/RiJiD/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/IMAG2888_zpsxqv1yhzy.jpg (http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/RiJiD/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/IMAG2888_zpsxqv1yhzy.jpg.html)

bkm
02-09-2016, 11:43 PM
I can only imagine the pain and recovery. I have a bad back, but luckily have avoided the knife so far. Welcome back

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
02-10-2016, 12:01 AM
Good to hear you're feeling better. Looking at the angle of those screws you may not want to invite your Doctor to help with in the shop.:beer Stay well!

plastikosmd
02-10-2016, 08:09 PM
^lol

Tho it is ok, variable angle system, lower screw would not have enough purchase without angle, it is also nice to have screws at different angles as parallel is good for torsional stress (esp if locking plate but not great for axial stress. It would then depend 100% on threads.

Looks good, good luck

El Camexican
02-10-2016, 09:18 PM
^lol

Tho it is ok, variable angle system, lower screw would not have enough purchase without angle, it is also nice to have screws at different angles as parallel is good for torsional stress (esp if locking plate but not great for axial stress. It would then depend 100% on threads.

Looks good, good luck

None of this would be an issue if Doctors would just accept the miracle of Duct Tape and start using for these hard to fix flexible areas.

plastikosmd
02-11-2016, 06:07 AM
Amen!....:)

Ghostv2
02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
The backs no fun. I had my whole upper back fused probably like 3 years ago. Long recovery and still a pain in the....back.

I should probably stop riding hard tails but they are fun. Hope yours gets better.

atc007
02-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Please stop riding hardtails. I know so many with back issues. You only get one. Ask any back Dr,surgeon or chiropractor, Riding lawn mower/atv, = worst thing you can possibly do to your back..Good luck guys.

El Camexican
02-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Please stop riding hardtails. I know so many with back issues. You only get one. Ask any back Dr,surgeon or chiropractor, Riding lawn mower/atv, = worst thing you can possibly do to your back..Good luck guys.

Great advice, unfortunately its little late for most of us. My spine gets another x-ray next week. No pins yet (thank God), but the last time they looked close after a Hockey incident they said one of the discs was "dead'? Still not sure what that meant, but it was black in the image and all the others were whitish.

They say a strong stomach can support a bad back, but I haven't had one of those since my six pack transformed into a keg.

ironchop
02-11-2016, 08:18 PM
I wanna play too. Three years ago. Flipped my truck. Five fractures in two vertebrae 2nd and I think 5 from skull. My mastiff is guarding me from strangers in case you're wondering.

Three months in the halo. I kept the spikes they screwed in my skull for souvenir.

Good luck on your rehab!!

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
02-11-2016, 08:54 PM
I wanna play too. Three years ago. Flipped my truck. Five fractures in two vertebrae 2nd and I think 5 from skull. My mastiff is guarding me from strangers in case you're wondering.

Three months in the halo. I kept the spikes they screwed in my skull for souvenir.

Good luck on your rehab!!

Damn! That sucks, glad to see you came through that. It's cool your dog stuck with you too. Had that been my dog and me in your predicament he'd have managed to lay claim to each of those rods in a way that only a male dog can.

tri again
02-14-2016, 06:32 AM
Hey fellas it's been a little while but I'm back had spinal surgery last year and have been fighting the pain rehabilitation is going slowly but I am getting back to the garage and my projects that have been collecting dust. Should be riding again by summer!

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j328/RiJiD/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/IMAG2888_zpsxqv1yhzy.jpg (http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/RiJiD/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/IMAG2888_zpsxqv1yhzy.jpg.html)

Thanks for the pix.

I just retired but been looking at xrays and scans for 30 years,
Looks really stable.

Take your time. This is your chance to heal.
No reason to rush into anything.

Pls be careful with medications.
Anything with tylenol is no good in the long run.
#1 cause of liver failure in the usa. Vicodin has tylenol, for instance.

Love of my life got slammed with micro doses of klonopin...a benzodiazapin like
the valuim family, she's been 'tapering' down for almost 6 months.
Hideous withdrawal stuff and it didn't do much of anything in the first place.

Take time for yourself. Heal and get better. No shame in questioning
medications. Google anything they suggest withOUT 'questioning THEIR (the doctors') authority.

Glad you're back on board and on the mend.

I'd walk around with a cane because you know some old friend may just come up behind you
in the supermarket and slap you on the back to say hi.

I slipped on a tiny piece of broken pencil on the sidewalk and my foot rolled fwd about 3 inches and then caught traction.

I thought I'd been hit with a 12 gauge.
Not to scare you but be careful, watch every step and heal and sleep and eat and naps and
smile whenever you can.

tri again
02-14-2016, 06:38 AM

Thanks for the pix.

I just retired but been looking at xrays and scans for 30 years,
Looks really stable.

Take your time. This is your chance to heal.
No reason to rush into anything.

Pls be careful with medications.
Anything with tylenol is no good in the long run.
#1 cause of liver failure in the usa. Vicodin has tylenol, for instance.

Love of my life got slammed with micro doses of klonopin...a benzodiazapin like
the valuim family, she's been 'tapering' down for almost 6 months.
Hideous withdrawal stuff and it didn't do much of anything in the first place.

Take time for yourself. Heal and get better. No shame in questioning
medications. Google anything they suggest withOUT 'questioning THEIR (the doctors') authority.

Glad you're back on board and on the mend.

I'd walk around with a cane because you know some old friend may just come up behind you
in the supermarket and slap you on the back to say hi.

I slipped on a tiny piece of broken pencil on the sidewalk and my foot rolled fwd about 3 inches and then caught traction.

I thought I'd been hit with a 12 gauge.
Not to scare you but be careful, watch every step and heal and sleep and eat and naps and
smile whenever you can.