PDA

View Full Version : 250sx 85 new to this site

grperales
02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
hey out there, im new to the site and have a few things i need help with. i got a 85 250sx that hasent ran in a while and im getting parts. i need to rebuild my carb. because i cant find any other than the ones on ebay. i live in southern cali if anyone couldhelp that would be great. posting pics later today

Onetrackmind
02-10-2016, 06:04 PM
First of all...welcome to the site! There is a metric s__t-ton of trike knowledge here and everyone is great about helping out. I should know! I need all the help I can get [emoji3]

If you are going to rebuild your carb, I would first start here:

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

...to download a free service manual. Oscarmayer is a member here and always willing to help.

For a REALLY detailed guide to rebuilding your carb, read this:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/161746-ES-SX-350X-Carb-rebuild-Tutoral?highlight=Es+carb+tutorial

Flyingw is THE 250/350 Honda carb guru here. That thread should answer all of you questions and guide you through the carb build. If not, just ask questions and they will be answered.

Have fun and enjoy your new (to you) 250!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hoosierlogger
02-11-2016, 07:11 AM
Pm Captainweezy about the carb. He has a guy that re works them. You won't believe what this dude can do.

grperales
02-13-2016, 08:50 AM

Roosteak
02-13-2016, 11:07 AM
I just finished getting a 85 250sx running that was a barn find. Some of the issues I had to deal with. First off of course was a new battery, she turned over good but was not getting fuel. The air box was filled with a mouse nest and the original air filter and metal screen shot from mouse urine. I replaced air filter with a foam one. Original petcock was leaking so I replaced the bowl O rings. Fuel tank was clean no rust. Still was not getting fuel so I rebuilt the carb using a moose rebuild kit, I took it slow using a Clymer manual. The carb is not the easiest to pull but I managed. I used carb cleaner and compressed air. After I installed the carb It started right up but I was still having fuel issues. I had inserted a clear fuel filter in the line so now I could see that fuel was not coming thru the line very well. I then took the petcock off and removed the tube that goes up into the gas tank. It was 75% clogged with gunk. I replace the petcock with a new OEM Honda one because I was also having problems with the lever on my original one. After that my machine fired right up and runs great. I have had several shipments of parts come to my door just like you. Oil, spark plug. etc. Just a few notes of what I have to deal with on my machine that had been sitting for about 5 to 10 years.