PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 225dx Rebuild

brady123
02-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Hello all, I am in the process of rebuilding my 1985 Yamaha Tri-Moto 225DX. It smoked like a chimney, and it was time for a rebuild. I pulled the top end apart, and everything looks surprisingly good, except the rings (which I figured would be the case). While I wait for parts, I decided to look over the carburetor. It is missing the choke cable, and just has the plunger screwed into its place with a small piece of the cable sticking out. Instead of chasing down all of the parts to get the choke like new again, is there any kind of aftermarket plunger that I can put in place of the cable operated choke? Thanks in advance. I'll keep everybody posted on the rebuild. Can't wait to tear up the fresh New England snow that is on it's way! :naughty:

Trike_crazy
02-12-2016, 02:49 PM
You can buy a new cable and a plunger on ebay for a 250 timberwolf. The plunger is the same part as the dx. The cable is maybe a little longer? I don't remember exactly but it works on my dx.

Or you could search "mikuni choke" on ebay and will find the choke knobs for them for $7 and up. I'm not sure of the differences so that will be up to you