PDA

View Full Version : 250sx fuel tank

willyp68
02-14-2016, 03:03 AM
I recently purchased another 85 250sx thats in pretty good condition. The fuel tank is beautiful except it has a few small rust holes along the bottom. I cant find anyone in my area that will repair the holes. Everyone says put a plastic tank on it, well, I dont want a f'n plastic tank on this bike. Is there someone on
3ww that repairs metal tanks or can direct me to someone that does? Any help is greatly appreciated

Chopsaw
02-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Did you try a radiator shop ? Thats where I had mine done .

Bustintrukeys
02-15-2016, 10:18 PM
Acid wash the inside and then use liquid rubber can be done yourself!

NETRA3
02-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Kreem tank liner kit.......acid wash/etching to desired time frame....rinse with provided cleaner using 1/4 20 nuts and shake out the scale....Using brake cleaner,let dry and clean out where the holes are......use double sided aluminum foil {one side sticky} can be bought at hardware store....use JBWeld to fill the holes and the aluminum foil to keep in place with the tank on level ground....after required setting, remove foil and sand to desired results....You can bondo or paint over the jbweld...The kreem treats the inside of the tank...I've used this method and it lasted 20years.....i'ts all in the prep....Have fun.

CAJUNCANNON03
02-16-2016, 11:16 PM
Radiator shops in Louisiana will not do fuel tanks/cells anymore, against insurance regulations. Freaking government regulators.