PDA

View Full Version : It 465

YAMAHA_Jim
01-26-2004, 08:02 PM
ANyone here know anything about IT465's or IT490's??
Power,reliability,parts availability,motor specs,etc.
I might be looking for one soon.,,,,well,not to soon.
Thanx

TimSr
01-26-2004, 08:37 PM
I think they were exactly the same as their respective YZ's, other than the magneto coils which had a lighting coil.
I had a YZ465 motor bottom end at one time. Exactly the same dimensions as the TriZ, other than the size of the opening where the head bolted on. It was easy to see how these ended up on TriZ's!
I found that the 465 was only made like two years before it was replaced by the 490 if I remember right. As far as reliability, youre dealing with the same old YZ motor that the Blaster is based on. One thing I had read about, but have no personal experience with is that it was said the 490 was difficult to carburete correctly, I believe to a due a poor match between carb and motor. Supposedly the 465 was actually easier to dial in, but I dont know that to be fact. The 490 is probably easier to get parts for, but my guess is an awful lot between the two is probably interchangeable.

xxxCALI86250rxxx
01-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I had an it 465. It hauled @$$ and it was very reliable, they do vibrate alot and theyre about as tall as a horse!

YAMAHA_Jim
01-27-2004, 04:32 PM
I was thinking about putting the IT/YZ 465 or 490 in a flat track blaster for next year. I can compete with the big 4 strokes with only 200cc but its not easy.I want to use an aircooled motor so I dont have to install radiators. Next challenge is finding one thats not all beat to crap.

Meat-BoX
01-28-2004, 08:24 PM
You do that and you may start to fly :shock:
That would be one sick machine. The IT's had mad power and were really fast. You better get that wheeler real low to the ground and allso get an extended swingarm, A arms and Axle for the speeds your gonna be going.
Blaster is too small for that monstor power. :twisted: