PDA

View Full Version : U-haul rented Honda three-wheelers!

Wondercheck
02-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Hey all - I am fairly new to three wheeled toys - spent a fair amount of time on 2-wheeled ones. I recently picked up what is supposed to be a 1981 Honda ATC 200 - what makes it a little unique is that at least part of it appears to have been rented by U-Haul at one time (no way to say if the whole unit, or just the fenders were part of the rental). There is another post on here titled "Vintage U-Haul ATC200 Rental" - I am fairly certain I ended up with the three-wheeler that was spoke of in that post. I was just curious if anyone else has one of these with fiberglass fenders or not, and if so, if they know anymore about it than what the older thread revealed. Nobody ever got to see the finished product in the old thread, so I thought I would post these for all to see. Let me know what you think

Georgiabii
02-20-2016, 11:49 PM
NOw that is cool!

Onetrackmind
02-21-2016, 12:24 AM
When I was a kid, my dad used to rent one or two from U-Haul for my cousins to ride when we would all go out to the Monahans Sand Dunes. I thought they were 185s...I guess they were 200s.

Awesome find...I'm amazed that it's in such good shape. We used to thrash those things! Cuz...you know...it's a RENTAL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KASEY
02-21-2016, 01:04 AM
I have a couple od sets of those fenders,,,

RUNMEDOWN
02-21-2016, 09:36 AM
I saw that on the omaha site, there is a long tread on those here somewhere, I will see if I can find it.

dustrunner
02-21-2016, 10:25 AM
That's cool.... Wonder what the insurance company's thought of that ? lol

Wondercheck
02-21-2016, 09:32 PM
I saw that post it was a good read - folks in that thread wanted to see the finished product so I thought I would post - I almost hate to ride the thing!

Wondercheck
02-21-2016, 10:31 PM
I have a couple od sets of those fenders,,,

Kasey - are yours fiberglass and white as well?

Big G
02-23-2016, 01:26 PM
Wow those fenders are in amazing shape. Nice find indeed. Man, those were the days eh where a company would rent a 3 wheeled "death machine."