PDA

View Full Version : Any snowmobile techs in here? My sled just died.

Russell 350X
01-27-2004, 07:47 PM
I was going down the side of the road( a good 3 inches on the shoulder) And it just quit and it wouldnt start back up. It did this last night (1/26/04) and started right back up first pull. Now it quits, I mustve pulled it over 50+ times, and it acts like it wants to start, but doestn quite catch. It's not fouling plugs, and it has plenty of spark. WTF is wrong with it??? I am in a confused state of mind :? Could it be that there is a ice chunk in the fuel line/filter?? Help please!

PowerTrike
01-27-2004, 07:57 PM
I would definatly check out the fuel delivery and filters. Try pouring a little bit of gas into each cylinder and see if you can get it to start. The same exact thing happened to me a last week (died right in the middle of a lake :? ) although I found my problem. I had no spark. After switching spare plugs out that I had with me i finally got a little spark and enough to start and get home. I was so sure it was the coil becase it started fine and died but I borrowed a pair of newer plugs out of my other sled and now its running absolutly perfect.

84250r
01-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Check the fuel lines. Sounds like something if frozed. How old is the gas?

Russell 350X
01-27-2004, 08:08 PM
The gas is new, burnt all the old stuff out beginning of winter. A friend of mine is hopefully gonna get a torpedo heater for me to use to thaw the sled out.

AirManCam
01-27-2004, 09:43 PM
Your fuel filter is froze. Most likely. That happened to me this winter. Sat there and cranked about 50 times then I realize he!! I better check my filter. Sure as sh!t its froze solid.....I know ill never buy gas fromt he getty anymore :rolleyes:

Russell 350X
01-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys I'm gonna go out today with moms hair dryer :-D

dz
02-03-2004, 12:30 PM
My neighbors sled was acting funny. He lost spark in only one plug, so the engine would sputter a revoloution or two, then die. It would take up to 50 pulls for it to do that (not kidding). I would suggest checking both plugs for constant spark. Other than that its probably fuel delivery. My other friend has his primer plunger leaking, causing air to sometimes get into the gas line and make an air bubble causing the carb. not to get the gas. Just my $0.02

Russell 350X
02-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Both plugs spark good and clean, but when I pull it over, it wants to start, it does a short sputter, then I pull the plugs out and they are soaked in gas :( I dont know, someone told my my exahaust could be plugged, but I dont think it is. Its FUBAR.

dz
02-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Are you over-priming/over-choking? Try keeping the throttle wide open when you pull it. It may be a little difficult to do but it works.

Russell 350X
02-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Been there done that, still wont start. I'm having a friend come over to look at it he nows more than I do.Thanxs for all the advice tho.