PDA

View Full Version : yamaha head light bulb the same as a honda one?

RobbieThoreson
03-04-2016, 06:23 PM
We don't have a honda dealer in the area and today I stopped in ant the yamaha dealer to pick up some plugs for my brothers sled. I figures while I was there, I would as is they could source me a headlight bulb for mt 185s.they didn't have one there but he looked threw the ones he did have and ford a old box of yamaha bulbs that matched the picture he had pulled up on the computer. Now he couldn't cross reference the numbers at all but his computer called for 45/45 on the watts. And the manual I have says 25/25. Dose anyone know if it will even plug into the socket and if it will is 45w to hard on the electrical system?

86125m
03-04-2016, 08:57 PM
12v 45/45w is the correct wattage for the 185s headlight bulb according to this http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-34901-HC3-003.html so no worries there hey I would have just picked it up they are only a few dollars anyway so if it doesn't work so what. My mentality is if it looks like it will probably fit it more than likely will. i cannot tell you how many times someone at the honda dealer will tell me it will no work and every time it does.

RobbieThoreson
03-08-2016, 10:27 PM
So the new bulb fits and works fine. Now we know