PDA

View Full Version : 86 tri z clutch issues?

jhonz
03-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Hey guys new here and would just like some input on the 86 tri z that I just picked up. The bike is pretty clean and supposedly just had a complete rebuild, new gaskets are visible however with cl and no receipts who knows. .anyway the issue I have is until it gets warm it seems like the gears are slipping. .after warm up man she gets it! I have only ridden it for about a total of 10 minutes since I brought it home because I don't want to damage anything further. I'm pretty sure it's a clutch issue, not sure if it's just an adjustment or what but before I go tearing into her and ordering parts I figured I would get some input from you all. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jhonz
03-08-2016, 06:24 PM

yaegerb
03-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Does it have fresh gear oil and filled to the proper level? If so adjust the clutch for a little more bite and see if that helps but it sounds to me like the clutch plates are ghandi.

jhonz
03-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Yes and yes. I drained and replaced all fluids when I got her home and adjusted the clutch lever hoping it was that simple. . I'm thinking plates as well. What throws me off is once it warms up. .I figure if plates are wasted then would it matter warm or not? ?

sanchez
03-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Patience grasshopper, a cold motor is a turd no matter how fast
Be nice warm up your motor!

jhonz
03-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Does not apply Sanchez. I do appreciate the input! Clutch kit is awaiting shipment [emoji6]