PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on a motor swap

Crackerjack86
03-14-2016, 10:31 PM
I have an 83 Suzuki ALT 125, it needs the carb rebuilt and a whole new pull start. That's going to be more than I paid for the thing. I was wondering is their a more modern Suzuki 4 stroke motor in the 125-250 range that would be a direct replacement...motor and trans....electronic ignition would also be a plus...I can mount a battery.

Matt85'350x
03-15-2016, 12:44 PM
I have an 83 Suzuki ALT 125, it needs the carb rebuilt and a whole new pull start. That's going to be more than I paid for the thing. I was wondering is their a more modern Suzuki 4 stroke motor in the 125-250 range that would be a direct replacement...motor and trans....electronic ignition would also be a plus...I can mount a battery.

I think that with buying a different engine you'd be in the hole even worse. Even if you already had an engine laying around the conversion would still nickel and dime you past the price of a pull start and carb rebuild. With the projects that I plan to keep, I think in terms of whether it's worth it to me; not as worried about whether I can get my money back or not.

350for350
03-20-2016, 12:41 AM
If you're dead set on a newer four stroke, you may be able to use one off of a RMZ 125. It's an air cooled trail bike. I believe they're electric start as well.