PDA

View Full Version : 200x carb leaking

Maxxis10
03-16-2016, 04:18 PM
So I picked up another 200x last week. The guy said it had leaked some gas outta the carb when sitting. After he removed the lower screw, cleaned it, and tightened back in, no more leaking. I drove it around a bit, then parked it. No leaks. Then after 5 days of sitting, it suddenly really started dripping gas outta the carb. I'm talking like a gallon in a couple hours. Shut petcock off, stopped leaking. Still started first kick. I also found some gas in the airbox (not to much). While running, I turned on petcock and it really started leaking, but not into the airbox. Shut off, restarted and didn't drip when I turned back on the petcock. I tried tapping carb bowl in case float was stuck. I dunno. I admit that I know very little of carbs, but am trying to learn. This is my 3rd atc, so I guess it's time to learn carbs 😬
Thanks for any info

yaegerb
03-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Likely junk stuck in your float. Or the float needle is worn and needs replaced. I would buy a 200x shindy kit, clean and rebuild the carb and put an inline fuel filter in.