PDA

View Full Version : New in town, rolled in on my 1982 Honda 200e

KritterGitter
03-17-2016, 03:33 AM
I would like to start off by saying hi! Well I have been trolling from forum to forum. Last three months or so I've been looking at trikes trying to figure out what would suit me the best! I decided to go with a 200e, for the pure fact that I hunt, fish, and trap. With that being said I chose, then looked around and found this gem for $400! I do have questions that I will be asking, but I am at work so can't now. Bout the only problems so far is the carb need cleaning/adjustment and there's a cracked on the rear fender about 2 inches long!

KritterGitter
03-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Now that I have little time, and everything being said before. I like that I have the workhorse of the trikes, I'm going to eventually turn it into a project. I realize that she is a utility trike, but I would like to do a custom restore. I would like to beef her up with the following:
A after market air filter(more air flow)
A after market exhaust(more air flow)
A 200x piston(10.0-1 instead of 7.9-1 stock)
A 200x cam(higher rpm cam)
A 200x head(bigger intake valve to take in more fuel)
A 200x carb(replaces the 22mm stock one with a 24mm)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the internal and external top end engine components from the X should bolt up to the E. I'm open to advice and opinions.

350for350
03-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Yes these are the same basic engines. You should have no problems bolting the x parts onto your e. The higher compression piston will be fine as long as your electric starter is working well. If you have to pull start it for any reason, your arm would appreciate the lower compression. That's why I'm staying with stock compression in the 185 engine on my Auto x. it's pull start only.

KritterGitter
03-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Hey thanks! Yeah the starter works fine. probly need a battery sometime soon