PDA

View Full Version : 200S carb help??

JJK
03-19-2016, 08:22 PM
I've read through several posts trying to find some direction on solving my issue. I have an 85' 200S. I've replaced all the parts on the carb after a deep soak/cleaning with the exception of the float and needle seat. The bike idles and runs well with a fresh plug in it. I've noticed the float bowl overflow tube tip is wet and occasionally drips. After running for a half an hr or so the idle becomes erratic and the rpms seem to be slow to come down between shifts. Eventually it won't idle at all and the plug becomes completely fouled, solid black. I'm guessing the needle seat is worn and allowing fuel to seep in or maybe the float might be an issue, although it doesn't leak from the tube when it's not running. My jetting and needle position is basically stock and is the exact same as my buddies trike, which runs without issue. The trike runs strong in the beginning, but eventually goes south. Compression is very good as well.

I ordered a china carb and put it on hoping it would solve the problem. It did help with the fouled plug and the weeping from the overflow but it had a huge bog through the mid to top, not rideable. I swapped jets from the oem carb and made several adjustments, didn't get any better. Ran decent at half choke. It's possible I got a bum carb. I could clearly see the slide was bigger and the needle was longer.

Should I try again with a different china carb? Any suggestions on the oem carb? I love how this machine rides, but I don't like going through more fuel than I should and having to change the plug several times on a ride. TIA

350for350
03-19-2016, 10:35 PM
You could pm Flyingw. I don't know how he is with 200s carbs, but he's great with ones on the 250 es/sx.

ArizonaATC
03-20-2016, 03:29 PM
i know this is not a thread about a 125m but i cant figure out how to make a thread! lol, so heres my problem, the bike starts first pull just half to give it gas, but it wont idle at all or sometimes it will but an ever so slow rpm, i tried messing with the idle and airflow screws with no luck, should i just clean the carb jets again?

JJK
03-23-2016, 11:22 PM
Bump.......

Bspencer1987
04-14-2016, 01:01 AM
I've had nothing but problems with those ebay carbs I've tried and tried and they do not work properly it sounds like it's running rich. Does it smoke? Also if the overflow leaks your float valve is prolly stuck