PDA

View Full Version : Ebay prices

dustrunner
03-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Looks like certain atc parts are dropping slightly for our 30 year old machines . Most people wont even look at a trike on cl. Not to mention never saving one from the crusher . And I cant remember the last time I seen 1 in the back of a truck. (besides mine ) I'M starting to think i'm crazy searching for atc's everyday. Anyone else feel this way ?

83ATC185
03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Some days i feel like these things are disappearing rapidly, becoming collectors items and i buy every part i can get my hands on, and then other days i feel like in the big scheme of things nobody cares for them too much. There's still quite a few people out there that have them, I've seen 4 or 5 in my small town in the past couple years, besides my own and all were being ridden when i saw them. Really cool that they are still out there being ridden and used as intended 30 years later and it still excites me to see one, every time.

Now the last time i saw a 3 rut trail.....i made it!

You're not crazy you just need more trike parts.

ironchop
03-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Trikes are hot right now in KY/TN state line region. Sport models don't last long on CL.

I sold one to a foster kid of mine and now his buddies are looking for trikes too just because they are "vintage" and different. He also sends me a lot of Instagram and FAWKBOOK links with trikes in them. Most trike owners I meet don't know about this place and they don't network at all.

The interest is definitely increasing from where I am

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

flynfish
03-25-2016, 11:22 AM
I agree with ironchop. I live about 85 miles from Knoxville TN, and if one in decent shape for the money shows up in my area it's gone real quick.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

arlaunch
03-26-2016, 08:52 AM
ATC's are very common on craigslist in Oregon. They sit on there forever.

I am an addict as well.

Though i am starting to be under the impression that the next few years is the last hoo rah before prices really come down.

If you think about it, we are all adults now and in the prime of our lives, making good money. We are the generation that grew up on these things. And we are the generation that is paying outrageous prices for the parts.

The generations to come won't have the money or likely the patience to search out and buy these expensive hard to find parts. They will not have done much riding on them if any. And they likely will be uninformed and won't care.

I think right now "we" are seeing and paying THE peak prices.

30 years from now we will all be old geezers and will no longer want to pay this kind of money for stuff due to retirement funds and health care bills. Our grand kids may or may not be riding 2 cycle engines.

They are just not like a car that can be driven by anybody at any age. (And hence retain value through the ages)

These collectors machines in the year 2046 will likely sell for less than they do now?

On that note....

I think i will start to downsize on parts that i don't need, and really make a point to get out and ride more. To enjoy the thrill, speed and fun that has lured me in since i was in my early teenage years.

I am thankful to be a part of this community with such great people. These things are only popular because of us. Right here and right now.

Scootertrash
03-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Prices could be coming down? SCHWEET!!

OTAlucard
03-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Its not just parts on ATC's All kinds of stuff has dropped in price People don't have the money that they used too

AK47KID
03-29-2016, 06:11 PM
ATC's are very common on craigslist in Oregon. They sit on there forever.

I am an addict as well.

Though i am starting to be under the impression that the next few years is the last hoo rah before prices really come down.

If you think about it, we are all adults now and in the prime of our lives, making good money. We are the generation that grew up on these things. And we are the generation that is paying outrageous prices for the parts.

The generations to come won't have the money or likely the patience to search out and buy these expensive hard to find parts. They will not have done much riding on them if any. And they likely will be uninformed and won't care.

I think right now "we" are seeing and paying THE peak prices.

30 years from now we will all be old geezers and will no longer want to pay this kind of money for stuff due to retirement funds and health care bills. Our grand kids may or may not be riding 2 cycle engines.

They are just not like a car that can be driven by anybody at any age. (And hence retain value through the ages)

These collectors machines in the year 2046 will likely sell for less than they do now?

On that note....

I think i will start to downsize on parts that i don't need, and really make a point to get out and ride more. To enjoy the thrill, speed and fun that has lured me in since i was in my early teenage years.

I am thankful to be a part of this community with such great people. These things are only popular because of us. Right here and right now.
There's at leased a new listing for atc/ytm once every 2 weeks in the corvallis/albany area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scootertrash
03-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Its not just parts on ATC's All kinds of stuff has dropped in price People don't have the money that they used too

That is very true also! No matter what the Government or the news tells you, the economy is still crap.