PDA

View Full Version : 350x project after it rolled out the bed of the truck 10 years ago

Doubletapp45
03-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Alright so this is my first post ,although i been lurking on 3ww for a few months now. Anyways I've decided to start my restore project on my 86 350x. A little background on this machine, about 10 years ago when i was 16 i was with some buddy's and when traveling from one riding spot to another i decided that i didn't need to strap her down since i wasn't going far...after a short trip and doing a few burnouts around a corners in my buddy's dads truck i got to the spot only to realize the trike wasn't in the back of the truck. The rear rims got bent so did the axle and the forks not to mention rear plastics got demolished ...since i didn't have the cash to fix her up she sat in the backyard of my parents house collecting dust ever since....now 10 years later ive decided im gonna bring her back to her former glory since the motor has less then 20 hours its gonna be a all cosmetic restore with a little modern upgrades as well...so far I've stripped it down to frame and ordered a gusset kit i got a used axle that i polished out by hand that's coming out pretty nice new forks just arrived and im going to be polishing them as well, i did order some red beadlocker rims from Alba racing but they where the last ones in stock and where in horrible shape so i will be sending those back....i got a 35 tooth rear sprocket and a 14 front hoping to achieve a little more speed....just yesterday i repainted the entire engine and it came out amazing...anyways ill post my pictures I've taken so far....my plans on it is to install the gussets get the frame powder coated and polish everything i can to a mirror finish...im not rich by no means i work two jobs and have hardly any time off so all my spare time and cash has been going to my trike...girlfriends pissed but those come and go 86 350x come few and far between lol thanks for your times and possible interest guy's

hawgn
03-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Sorry for the dislike. Fat fingered it. But added a like and wish you the best on your journey

Doubletapp45
03-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Sorry for the dislike. Fat fingered it. But added a like and wish you the best on your journey

thanks man i appreciate it....Ive spent two hours at least on each valve cover sanding and polishing and they are almost a mirror finish....next im going to do the kickstand and thats almost 100% rust going for mirror on that as well

onformula1
03-26-2016, 08:59 PM

Just like the dislike button again and it will go away.

DT45 good luck on your build, keep up on the pics.

sledcrazyinCT
03-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Glad you are fixing up your 350x! Looks nice for sitting out for a decade.....sucks it jumped out of the bed

bad to the bone
05-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Update on the 350x?

nsampson
05-27-2016, 09:48 AM
awesome! im jealous you're starting with such a nice bike. mine was pretty bad. keep at it, it will be worth it. it took me about a year working on mine in my spare time.