PDA

View Full Version : brand new carb for ytm 225 dx needs jetted and need help

TracySeats
03-26-2016, 03:28 AM
hi guys I just bought a brand new carburetor for a YTM 225dx. when I bought it I thought it was a actual Mikuni but instead it came back as an OEM STD carb. I ordered two main Jets from Dennis Kirk 115 and 117. 5 to rejet it for my exhaust that is on it. the Jets I got from Dennis Kirk are fine thread why the main jets in the new carburetor is standard coarse thread but at the same time the Jets are all the same size on dimensions do they make one a standard course or am I screwed on this new carburetor I'll send a detached photo of the Jet from Dennis Kirk that gives you all the dimensions but just need the standard course thread I only bought a new carb because I kept having problems with the old cards. if anyone can help me with this just post to this thread thank you in advance i hope someone can and will be willing too

TracySeats
03-26-2016, 03:40 AM
Im trying to do this by phone so bear with me on this229576

TracySeats
03-26-2016, 05:21 AM
I made the jets fit it. i think they were correct threads but had a ber on the treads i just tightened and loosened until it went all the way in the. original jet still fits snug and tight they were correct fitting. if anybody is looking for a brand new carburetor for your YTM 225dx or DR go through winncycle or on ebay they sell carb on there too. $87.50 shipping is free and fast had it in two day comes from Miami Florida. my bike runs like a dream now and has tons of power now.