PDA

View Full Version : Atc fuel guestion

Hagamatic
03-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Hello, so I have a question regarding fuel. I have numerous three wheelers from 1983 to 1986. I ride them every now and again but my problem is the ethanol fuel out there today. The stabilizers help somewhat, but I'm still doing carb rebuilds every few years. My question is ... Has anyone started using fuels from VP or Power mist? I understand they make lower octane fuels just for this sort of thing. Also unleaded or leaded? I am aware it's expensive also. I just want a fuel that I can leave for six months and not have to worry. Any input would be appreciated ! Thanks in advance.

350xtrike.rider
03-30-2016, 03:08 PM
No fuel lasts for 6 months lol. I use 93 straight and sometimes 108 w/ leaded. I tried a tank of 89 to cut down on cost but it has no power with it and im never going back! Sounds like you just need to drain it out after every use. At least run/drain it out of the carb.

SamT
03-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Go to the airport and get some 100LL. It's in the $5.25 range on price. It is designed to sit in planes and not go bad. I use about 25% with pump gas in most my yard/sport equipment. Especially if I let something sit, everything busts off like it ran yesterday. Just don't put it in anything with an O2 sensor because it will foul the sensor.

Hagamatic
03-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Now there's an idea! I will try that. Thanks

Georgiabii
03-30-2016, 10:46 PM
Octane requirement is a combination of compression and timing advance.

Stock bike will run just fine on regular gas.

My suggestion for long term storage is to drain the carb and run pure gas instead of ethanol.