PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 200x engine rebuilder

Maxxis10
04-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Hey guys,
I'm currently in the process of restoring my 85 200x. It's a great machine, and generally starts on the second kick cold. Anyways, since I'm doing the rest of it, I'd like to get the motor rebuilt. I'm located in Wisconsin, and looking for a good engine shop. I'm not looking to go crazy with it, since it runs really good now. Looking for a top end rebuild, but not bored way out. As long as it's that far, looking to get prolly new valves and cam chain / tensioner. Looking to also have the carb gone through as I think the float stuck once last month and dumped a tank of gas. And lastly, it's got the usual kick start slippage when cold outside, so I'd like to get that fixed. I know it's a tall order, and might not yank motor til fall. But I'm looking to see if there is anybody locally that people recommend, or I'll ship if needed.

Ryan

ps2fixer
04-02-2016, 12:44 AM
I don't really know anyone first hand, but a good machine shop should be able to do the boring and metal work no problem, you'd need to do the disassembly or find someone else to do it though.

For the boring, a good shop will bore to what ever piston you plan to put in the engine. Generally it is best to get the cylinder checked out and see if a bore is even needed at all or what an estimated required bore size will be. It depends how deep the scratches are on the walls of the cylinder.

flynfish
04-02-2016, 05:48 AM
Find you a reputable machine shop. I have one near me that the owner has over 40 yrs building anything from ATC to dragster motors. He was able to bore my 85x and do new valve job for 100 out the door. I put it back together and been good since. Good luck

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

shortline10
04-02-2016, 05:57 AM
Can send it my way :)