PDA

View Full Version : Been member for a while, 2nd post

McCheez
04-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Posting here because I have to to be able to post elsewhere.

Some day I will be able to sit at the big boy table...

ps2fixer
04-04-2016, 06:12 PM
What machines do you have or have had? As a general rule, most people here love photos, so if you have any we'd love to see them =).

The "big boy table" isn't really anything special, just everyone's post count is over 10 there. Classifieds are nice, but there are no restrictions that I'm aware of for posting wanted or sell threads here too.

McCheez
04-05-2016, 01:35 PM
19(83?) Yamaha Tri Moto 200
Completely redone top end. http://peoria.craigslist.org/snw/5499700094.html
Wanting $600 firm.

ps2fixer
04-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Doesn't look too bad, stinks the plastics are broken up. I think it is worth a little under $600 how it sits, but to some people the top end work might increase the value. $600 yamaha 3 wheelers around my area are typically great shape, but they are not listed often. My yamaha warrior was cold blooded ever since it was new in 1999, might be a bit of a yamaha thing.

Matt85'350x
04-06-2016, 12:47 PM
That things gotta be a wheelie machine with those small tires on the back

McCheez
04-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Yes it can pull a wheelie very easily. Yamaha placed the engine a bit further back than on Hondas (I believe) which makes it that much easier.
I know I will never make my money back on it (over $1200 invested) but I am not trying to either. I don't have to sell it. It fits in the shed out back just fine.
Eventually someone will bite, but price is firm for the time being.
I had a buddy on another quad clock me at 43 mph on straightaway.

Yes plastics are damaged WHICH SUCKS. I think my buddy's kids climbed on the rear fender while being stored, and the front fender damage happened this past year at Bad Lands. Dude tried backing his quad down a steep hill, lost it, flipped it, and, well you know. I didn't wreck however.

McCheez
04-07-2016, 12:42 PM
If ya'll know someone with plastics they're trying to get rid of on the cheap let me know.

McCheez
04-07-2016, 12:44 PM
As far as it being cold blooded.. I never knew why. It is a pull start, but I think if it had an ignition or kick start it wouldn't be such a PITA. Eventually it fires, but to save a lot of headache (and arm ache) a little starter fluid goes a LONG way. Just a tad is all it needs to fire up right away.

ps2fixer
04-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Ahh ok, so the listing is yours. On the flip side, $600 is probably a good price to ask for with a little wiggle room since it seems most people on craigslist list things too high, and every buyer wants a lower price unless it is dirt cheap.