PDA

View Full Version : 200x kick start won't move

3wheelers
04-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Ok so I just got done putting my whole bottom end together on my 85 200x, I also got it running today. But I had to roll start it because the kickstart won't move. I can't kick it over, it's completely locked up. Anyone know what could cause this? I thought I had it all together the right way, but it seems to be locked up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

yaegerb
04-10-2016, 10:27 PM
It worked before you disassembled?

3wheelers
04-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Yeah it did.

yaegerb
04-10-2016, 11:02 PM
Could be a number of things. Did you have the kicker ratchet and return springs out?

3wheelers
04-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Nope. I didn't have to take those out. Only thing I really took apart was the gears that are outside of the clutch case. These in the picture. I'm thinking maybe they are at the ends of the teeth so they won't move anymore? Maybe I need to take them out and put them the opposite way? Like maybe they are unable to move because they are touching at the end of the teeth?

3wheelers
04-11-2016, 12:37 AM
Looks like there's a specific way the gears go in.

yaegerb
04-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Yes, if you didn't remove the ratchet/return bolt/return spring, then the only thing it could be are the gears/shims are assembled incorrectly. Note the tick marks on the gears. Those must line up. Also, if you do not have the shims in the correct location it can cause a binding effect. I would take the kicker cover off and re-examine the gear alignment and shim/washer placement. Don't forget to use a fresh gasket. I have heard where an old or missing gasket can also cause binding with the gear set.