PDA

View Full Version : 2016 3WW Stanley Cup Challenge – All are welcome

El Camexican
04-11-2016, 03:09 AM
The first round pairings have been determined. Rules are posted below. You must be 12 years of age or older to play.

East
Washington Capitals (1) VS Philadelphia Flyers (13)
Pittsburgh Penguins (4) VS New York Rangers (9)
Florida Panthers (6) VS New York Islanders (10)
Tampa Bay Lightning (12) VS Detroit Red Wings (15)

West
Dallas Stars (2) VS Minnesota Wild (17)
St. Louis Blues (3)VS Chicago Black Hawks(5)
Anaheim Ducks (7) VS Nashville Predators (14)
Los Angeles Kings (8) VS San Jose Sharks (11)

HOW TO PLAY:
Try to gather points by picking winners in an epic internal struggle between your head and your heart. It helps to not have a team in the mix, so you can remove your heart from the equation and make educated wild guesses. Don’t worry if you haven’t kept up with hockey this season, or even if you don’t know anything about hockey, because the only thing that’s certain in these games is that anything can and will happen before the Cup is awarded.

Those who are totally clueless as to the history of ice hockey are invited to Google Lord Stanley’s Cup. It is the oldest professional sports prize in modern times. There are even books written about its history. Some believe that the real Cup isn’t even allowed into public and speculate that there are multiple copies in existence.

POINTS SYSTEM:
I will post a list of pairings for each round. Participants will copy paste and post the list as well as type in a winner and how many of the scheduled 7 games they feel it will take for their pick to get to 4 wins.

The first round awards 1 point for picking a winner and 1 point for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the first round is 16
The second round awards 2 points for picking a winner and 2 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16
The third round awards 4 points for picking a winner and 4 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the third round is 16
The final awards 8 points for picking the winner and 8 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16

Whoever has the most points at the end wins. The prize this year is pride and satisfaction in knowing that your wild guesses were better than everyone else’s.

During the series you may feel to tease, mock and torment the other participants as their picks flounder and fail. This in no way makes you a bad person, or generates residual bad blood outside of this thread. We are big boys and ice hockey, outside of spleen rupturing, kidney bruising, rib cracking, tooth loosening hits is a gentleman’s sport not unlike chess or Scrabble.

El Camexican
04-11-2016, 03:21 AM
My first round picks:

Washington Capitals VS Philadelphia Flyers - Caps in 4
Pittsburgh Penguins VS New York Rangers – Pens in 6
Florida Panthers VS New York Islanders – Panthers in 7
Tampa Bay Lightning VS Detroit Red Wings – Wings in 7
Dallas Stars VS Minnesota Wild – Stars in 5
St. Louis Blues VS Chicago Black Hawks – Hawks in 7
Anaheim Ducks VS Nashville Predators – Ducks in 6
Los Angeles Kings VS San Jose Sharks – Kings in 7

hublake
04-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Not paying much attention to hockey except the Red Wings. I have followed the Red Wings since the glory days of the 50's. I think this year they "might" have a change against Tampa as they have a couple of there better players out. This year I have not been real impressed by the Wings, they seem to be lacking good defense and seem to have a difficult time scoring. When your leader goal scorer is a rookie, and he only gets 22 or 23 goals something is wrong. Also the goal tending has been inconsistence, but hopefully things will change.

atc007
04-11-2016, 01:22 PM
I like the Phils in 3, but I hear the Oilers may be strong? I have to run and find out what oil to put in my engine.... Have fun fellas! My moneys on Bryan...

86T3
04-11-2016, 05:51 PM
I'll day Caps in 5
Pens in 5
Panthers in 6
Tampa in 6
Stars in 6
Hawks in 6
Anaheim in 5
LA in 5

I predict El Camexican's confidence in his picks to drop lower than the Canadian dollar. Boom

El Camexican
04-11-2016, 06:02 PM
I predict El Camexican's confidence in his picks to drop lower than the Canadian dollar. Boom

HAHA! You were on your game last year, I'll give you that, but I stand by my wild guesses!

bkm
04-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Bill, don't put any money on me unless you want to lose it. I make desicions with my heart, not my brain.

Caps in 5
Pens in 6
Florida in 6
Detoilet in 6
Stars in 4
Blues in 6
Anaheim in 5
Kings in 7

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

keister
04-12-2016, 01:40 PM
East
Washington Capitals in 7
Pittsburgh Penguins in 5
Florida Panthers in 6
Detroit Red Wings in 7

West
Dallas Stars in 4
St. Louis Blues in 5
Anaheim Ducks in 6
Los Angeles Kings in 6

Lots of chalk so far. Maybe I'll go out on a limb a little more in the next round.
Edit: Just went and looked at other people's picks. bkm and I picked all the same teams.

keister
04-12-2016, 01:46 PM
I'd also like to predict that a news story will break confirming that Alex Ovechkin is actually an unfrozen neanderthal caveman.

El Camexican
04-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Less that 30 hours to the first puck drop, where is Mr. CEE and his Mighty Bolts??????

bkm
04-12-2016, 08:52 PM
East
Washington Capitals in 7
Pittsburgh Penguins in 5
Florida Panthers in 6
Detroit Red Wings in 7

West
Dallas Stars in 4
St. Louis Blues in 5
Anaheim Ducks in 6
Los Angeles Kings in 6

Lots of chalk so far. Maybe I'll go out on a limb a little more in the next round.
Edit: Just went and looked at other people's picks. bkm and I picked all the same teams.
Great minds think alike, unlike some of these other Jamokes.

Mr. Clean
04-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Less that 30 hours to the first puck drop, where is Mr. CEE and his Mighty Bolts??????

Doing some scouting, flying around the US going to hockey practices, sitting in team meetings, planting my operatives, being a Jamoke....you know the normal prep for such important world events :cool:

Washington Capitals VS Philadelphia Flyers - Caps in 7
Pittsburgh Penguins VS New York Rangers – Pens in 6
Florida Panthers VS New York Islanders – Kittys in 6
Tampa Bay Lightning VS Detroit Red Wings – Ning in 7
Dallas Stars VS Minnesota Wild – Wild in 6
St. Louis Blues VS Chicago Black Hawks – Blackcoks in 6, I hate them
Anaheim Ducks VS Nashville Predators – Ducks in 5
Los Angeles Kings VS San Jose Sharks – Kings in 4 they are tougher in the south

El Camexican
04-12-2016, 09:32 PM
A few days ago I sent PM's out to everyone I could find that's posted something positive about hockey on this site in the past 10 years. The result? NADA! Que pena! Thinking of all the empty seats there are going to be out west with all three CA teams playing in this makes me want to cry. Oh well, their loss.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! :Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

bkm
04-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Clean going with a big upset in round one with the Wild taking out the Stars Eh? If the Wild win I think they should be able to go through the rest o the playoffs using the North Stars name again.

Mr. Clean
04-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Clean going with a big upset in round one with the Wild taking out the Stars Eh? If the Wild win I think they should be able to go through the rest o the playoffs using the North Stars name again.

This is what Jamokes do. :D

bkm
04-13-2016, 12:51 AM
Well I hope you're right, because Dallas is a damn good team up front who can get on crazy winning streaks with capable goaltending.

El Camexican
04-13-2016, 08:00 AM
There is no way in hell the Wild take the Stars out. If they do I'll mail a #57 BOLTS jersey to Mr. Clean. The name can read "Mr. Clean" or "Jamokes", his choice.

bkm
04-13-2016, 08:13 AM
I've been anti Jamokes since 1776.

El Camexican
04-13-2016, 08:47 AM
I've been anti Jamokes since 1776.

That was a different time, we've evolved. Jamokes matter now.

bkm
04-13-2016, 08:50 AM
I was considering an anti Jamoke avatar until you convinced me otherwise. I was beginning to think it was some good ole boys club going on around here.

El Camexican
04-13-2016, 09:49 AM
I was considering an anti Jamoke avatar until you convinced me otherwise. I was beginning to think it was some good ole boys club going on around here.

With some people its all about the hate. Besides it seems to be a pretty small club :lol:

Mr. Clean
04-13-2016, 12:21 PM
There is no way in hell the Wild take the Stars out. If they do I'll mail a #57 BOLTS jersey to Mr. Clean. The name can read "Mr. Clean" or "Jamokes", his choice.

I will go get measured for my customer jersey and get back with you in a couple weeks. I have not decided on the name yet, Jamokes has a nice ring to it :D

El Camexican
04-13-2016, 07:15 PM
I will go get measured for my customer jersey and get back with you in a couple weeks. I have not decided on the name yet, Jamokes has a nice ring to it :D

You do that. Meanwhile I'll start looking on eBay for something else to spend the money on in a couple weeks :D

bkm
04-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Wow, I need a smoke after that game. Good Lord!

El Camexican
04-14-2016, 06:03 AM
The game was epic up to the middle of the 3rd whe...

My NHL Moment??? I learned last night that I would be the first to crack mentaly in the event of a solar flair that wipes out the power grid. Still not working this morning, unbelievable...

bkm
04-14-2016, 08:21 AM
That would have sent me into lunar orbit. The Blues better step up their game. I predict the Hawks come out flying in game two.

El Camexican
04-14-2016, 08:44 AM
That would have sent me into lunar orbit. The Blues better step up their game. I predict the Hawks come out flying in game two.

BTW, I thought Elliott was AMAZING last night. If he can keep that up for a few more weeks your skaters need only score one goal a game to win the cup.

86T3
04-14-2016, 08:50 AM
I listened to the Detroit Tampa game last night when I was working, we're the refs as bad as the Tampa announcers made them out to be? Didn't listen to the blues game but the stats were crazy. 35 shots for the Hawks, 18 for the blues? Is that right? I hope the blues win but I couldn't bet against the Hawks

bkm
04-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Elliott has been a different goalie this year and has really blossomed under the tutelage of Jim Corsi who was Ryan Miller's goal coach in Buffalo. He has gone on a crazy tear towards the end of the season. I think his record was 11-1 or something crazy. The Blues were out shot by a significant amount, but Chicago is a possession team that throws a lot of pucks on net looking to pounce on rebounds. I think the Blues had 41 hits to Chicago's maybe 20? But I've always thought that stat was kinda misleading, because teams with possession of the puck don't hit. No doubt though Elliott has to be their best player every game if they want to win. This team just doesn't score goals.

El Camexican
04-14-2016, 09:15 AM
I think the Blues had 41 hits to Chicago's maybe 20?

Yea, there was that. They tenderized the Hawks :lol:. I don't recall who was involved, but at one point one of your boys tossed a Hawk from in front of your net into the boards like a Glad bag to the curb. Too bad he got a time out for it.

Joe, I watched most of that game in a restaurant without sound. Didn't see anything too odd, but I missed most of the last period.

El Camexican
04-14-2016, 11:09 AM
I've always thought that stat was kinda misleading, because teams with possession of the puck don't hit.

In most cases yes, but I'm pretty sure Byfuglien can still register hits while carrying the puck.

86T3
04-14-2016, 10:09 PM
I was on ESPN and they have an article up about Lucic and the Kings match up against the sharks. I said I wouldn't let it ruin my night but I ended up in youtube watching that vermin cheap shot, whine and cry for about 45 minutes. Now, I'm not hoping the guy has any sort of long term injury that would hamper the rest of his life or even shorten it, but is it too much to ask that he shreds a knee and can never play again? The NHL would be much better off without a suckerpunching, gonzo nosed pile of crap like him skating around injuring people.

bkm
04-14-2016, 10:56 PM
You're too kind Joe. I pray for career ending injuries to Blackhawk players each and every game. I still want to go back in time and punch Steve Larmer right in the face. I can still his his ugly mug chewing bubble gum looking all stupid and such.

El Camexican
04-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Check this out! Looks like a photo of a stick Tarasenko signed and sent back to mother Russia.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Keith was back in the line up tonight.

bkm
04-15-2016, 11:38 PM
I could probably punt a puppy right about now.

bkm
04-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Shaw is slowly taking over having the most punchable face in the league.

El Camexican
04-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Yea from a Blues perspective that game went from bowl of cherries to a pile of sh*t faster than you can say coaches challenge.

Do you guys have trouble selling tickets locally or something? WTF, a blind guy would have to listen for the horn to tell who scored.

Did you see the end of the Wings Bolts game? Maybe Blunden should ease up on the blood thinners.

bkm
04-16-2016, 12:07 AM
It's cheaper for a since 2010 Hawks fan to drive to STL and buy a ticket and a room. Than it is to attend a Chicago game. The Cardinals are also playing tonight and even this early into the season, baseball will rival a playoff hockey game.

hublake
04-16-2016, 07:27 AM
I missed the end of the Wings game. After watching the first two games, I think I have watched my last game for awhile. As an article in the Detroit Free Press this morning said, they just aren't very good. Slow, lack offense, poor goaltending, and make many way to many mistakes on defense. On to the Tigers.

El Camexican
04-16-2016, 12:24 PM
I missed the end of the Wings game. After watching the first two games, I think I have watched my last game for awhile. As an article in the Detroit Free Press this morning said, they just aren't very good. Slow, lack offense, poor goaltending, and make many way to many mistakes on defense. On to the Tigers.

Unfortunately pain is about 50% of being a fan. :(

bkm
04-16-2016, 06:35 PM
I'd argue that percentage is much higher depending on the team one follows.

El Camexican
04-16-2016, 06:47 PM
I'd argue that percentage is much higher depending on the team one follows.

Figured you'd chime in on that. So tell us Jets/Sabers/Shakespeare fans, is it worse to have made the playoffs and lost than to have never made them at all?

bkm
04-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Figured you'd chime in on that. So tell us Jets/Sabers/Shakespeare fans, is it worse to have made the playoffs and lost than to have never made them at all?
As a fan I'd rather be a perennial basement dweller or make the playoffs every now and then, than to constantly being a top team with talks of this being our year and time after time getting kicked right in the teeth. I know how a Redsox fan feels. Always being good enough to make a serious run at the championship, but having Bill Buckner or the Yankees stand in your way.

El Camexican
04-16-2016, 10:25 PM
As a fan I'd rather be a perennial basement dweller or make the playoffs every now and then, than to constantly being a top team with talks of this being our year and time after time getting kicked right in the teeth. I know how a Redsox fan feels. Always being good enough to make a serious run at the championship, but having Bill Buckner or the Yankees stand in your way.

Well you're not out of it yet. Stay positive.

I was wondering yesterday if you were familiar with Reeves' background as it relates to Steen's? Pretty neat that they both ended up on the same team.

bkm
04-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Well you're not out of it yet. Stay positive.

I was wondering yesterday if you were familiar with Reeves' background as it relates to Steen's? Pretty neat that they both ended up on the same team.

I know they are both Winny boys, but beyond that, not much. Steen is the most underrated player in the league IMO, and Reever might be top 2 or 3 in the heavy weight division.

I'm not giving up, never will. I've been a Blues fan since I can remember things and that will never end. I've been through thick and thin (mostly thin) with this team and if by chance they raise the Chalice one day, it will make it just that much more enjoyable and special.

If they fall to the Hawks again this year, I'll be in a pissy mood for about a week like always, root against the Hawks like always, watch the Cup finals like always, and then forget about Hockey for a few months. Then the draft will start, the Hockey Juices will start to flow once again, and the smell of optimism will be in the air as I settle in for another grueling 82 game season of roller coaster like emotions. And if My Blues make it to the playoffs again next year, I'll wash, rinse, and repeat like I've been doing since about 1986.

I say this to all my fair weather Blues fans. Being a Blues fan is not for Pussies. It takes a special kind of sports fan to endure what they put you through year in and year out, but they are my team, and I'll be there with them until they fold up shop or dig my 6 foot hole in the ground.

I wear my passion for Blues Hockey on my sleeve. I don't have room in my house dedicated to them, or walk around wearing a sweater of my favorite player, but come playoff time, I live and die with every shift. I get butterfly's in my stomach before every game just like when I played. I get misty eyed when I watch a team raise the Cup and in my mind I imagine the captain of the Blues taking it from commissioner assehole and skating around with it. It's an illness that I've come to grips with, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

86T3
04-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Mmmmmm, hockey juices. I can relate being from buffalo, except buffalo is firmly implanted in the shittiest state in the union. And our sports disasters are usually on a much larger stage. Ugh

How about that 1st Stars goal? How can they call that a goal? Roussel clearly put his foot out to stop the puck, he is just so uncoordinated that he shot the thing up in the air and into the goal. So he kicked his foot out, hit the puck and it went in. Ridiculous. Officiating is why I cut way back on the NFL, hope I don't have to do the same with hockey.

El Camexican
04-17-2016, 02:41 PM
I know they are both Winny boys, but beyond that, not much. Steen is the most underrated player in the league IMO, and Reever might be top 2 or 3 in the heavy weight division.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willard_Reaves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Steen

Both their dad's were sports stars in WPG in the same era. Reaves younger brother plays pro football as well. We'll be happy take them back anytime you get tired of watching them play.

El Camexican
04-17-2016, 03:05 PM
How about that 1st Stars goal? How can they call that a goal? Roussel clearly put his foot out to stop the puck, he is just so uncoordinated that he shot the thing up in the air and into the goal. So he kicked his foot out, hit the puck and it went in. Ridiculous. Officiating is why I cut way back on the NFL, hope I don't have to do the same with hockey.

I'd call that a good goal all day long. There was no intent to kick it into the net and Dubnyk is the one that put it over the line and moved the net. Easy call. Had he done that from in front of the net I could see a dispute, but as my referee mentor always preached "intent is everything". If Roussel planned that play he's way underpaid.

Mr. Clean
04-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Maybe Blunden should ease up on the blood thinners.

You got his name wrong its "Bludgeon"

El Camexican
04-17-2016, 03:41 PM
You got his name wrong its "Bludgeon"

With any luck Tampa will get up a few goals and he'll be able to have another dance with Abdelkader. Maybe this time he can lead;)

bkm
04-17-2016, 08:13 PM
Years past the Blues would have folded up like a cheap tent, but this team showed great resolve winning game 3 in an almost impossible place to win. Good job boyz!

El Camexican
04-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Years past the Blues would have folded up like a cheap tent, but this team showed great resolve winning game 3 in an almost impossible place to win. Good job boyz!

Great game! Your boys played their guts out and Elliott was a cat in the crease once again. Crawford almost assisted on a Blue's goal for the second time this series. Some goalies shouldn't play the puck, he's one of them, Hutchinson is another. I cringe every time those guys go behind the net.

I'm guessing Kane was quiet in the dressing room.:lol:

bkm
04-17-2016, 11:36 PM
Elliott gives me the same pucker factor when he plays the puck.

bkm
04-20-2016, 12:36 AM
It's official, Andrew Shaw has the most punchable face in the entire league. But thanks for that interference call with 2 min left and the ice totally tilted your direction.

86T3
04-20-2016, 12:39 AM
I caught the last 2 periods of the blues game on my drive home. For some reason xm had the blues call, your announcer is excellent. He reminds me of Bob Uecker in Major League with his mannerisms and sarcasm. He sounded like a terrible Homer so I didn't necessarily trust his call of the Crawford debacle. As soon as I got home I youtubed it. Holy crap, the refs should be fired. Maybe shot. How the blues are up 3-1, idk, but maybe this is their year.

bkm
04-20-2016, 12:54 AM
My homerism will show through, but if it was Chris Kerber and Kelly Chase, I love listening to those two call a game. I don't know how they got that power play at the end of the game? The officials have been absolutely atrocious and that is putting it lightly. Kerber and Chase hammer the officials almost every game.

El Camexican
04-20-2016, 08:54 AM
That was a great game! You may recall last year the Jets gave Chicago fits by hammering on them, well I see your guys playing the same "body first, puck later" game and its working! Any time I could get a goalie to take a swing at me I knew I was doing something right:lol: Crawford, Shaw and Kane came apart last night. Bad night, or the end of an Empire? Stay tuned to find out!

Cross your fingers, if your boys get through series I don't see why the shouldn't get to the finals if Tarasenko and Elliott stay healthy:beer

bkm
04-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Shaw with a one game suspension and 5k fine for calling the ref a homophobic slur. For once the vocal minority worked in my favor.

El Camexican
04-21-2016, 06:15 PM
If I had even $10 bucks for every time my sexual orientation, lust for farm animals, or an incestuous relationship with my mother was insinuated while refereeing a hockey game I’d be a rich man. That said, if I had to pay $10 bucks each time I did the same as a player I’d have had to work a month to afford to play just one game.

I think my pinnacle as a washed up player was reached last year when a ref took a swing at me solely for verbal provocation and then tossed me. Thinking back I probably deserved it.

Mr. Clean
04-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Lightning in 5. Go bolts!!!

86T3
04-21-2016, 11:53 PM
Shaw with a one game suspension and 5k fine for calling the ref a homophobic slur. For once the vocal minority worked in my favor.

The world is a wierd place nowadays. Crawford punched a ref in the face twice, but lip reading couch potatoes figured out what Shaw said, installed the butthurt and got him suspended. And both florida teams are in the playoffs but no Canadian teams. And to rant a bit, I spend $650 a month for health insurance for a plan with a $10k deductible. Mexico is looking real good today

El Camexican
04-22-2016, 12:37 AM
If it makes you feel any better my Mexican insurance deductibles went through the roof this year. Now back to overtime in St. Louis��

bkm
04-22-2016, 03:43 AM
Ahh, the boys never seem to disappoint. I'm just going to shut up and try to remain positive, but............................................... ..

El Camexican
04-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Ahh, the boys never seem to disappoint. I'm just going to shut up and try to remain positive, but............................................... ..

Hossa should have been called for any one of a few infractions near the end. That was BS. So was game time for that matter. I passed out after the first OT,. Anyway, Shaw is back for the next game, so you should get some power play opportunities as I suspect the referees will be watching him closely.

El Camexican
04-23-2016, 08:58 AM

I'm wondering if I've cursed the Stars:wondering

bkm
04-23-2016, 09:18 AM
I can't bring myself to watch the game tonight. My nerves can't take it.

El Camexican
04-23-2016, 09:27 AM
I can't bring myself to watch the game tonight. My nerves can't take it.

Relax, you've got a game in hand, but if it goes to 7 you may want to take a pre-game tranquilizer. I find dark rum works well.

bkm
04-23-2016, 09:53 AM
The problem is I work midnights tonight, so it kinda sets the tone for rest of the evening if ya know what I mean.

El Camexican
04-23-2016, 10:09 AM
The problem is I work midnights tonight, so it kinda sets the tone for rest of the evening if ya know what I mean.

No problem, I'll drink for you during the game. No need to thank me, that's just what 3 Masons do.

bkm
04-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Hopefully you had a lot to drink, I needed it.

El Camexican
04-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Hopefully you had a lot to drink, I needed it.

Dang! Not enough rum in the cupboard for that game! Hey, look at the bright side; winning the 7th at home will be that much sweeter... and if not I pick up 2 coveted 3WW Challenge points and eventually you forgive me:beer

Seriously, I'd love to see your guys win, but its not going to get any easier after this, so they'd better get their "stuff" together. As the AC/DC song goes; ♪Its a long way to the top if you wanna hold the Cup♪

bkm
04-23-2016, 11:33 PM
They're done dude, this team does not have that killer instinct like I thought they did. I truly thought they were going to overcome their annual choking habit, but it's not looking to good. The Hawks are playing Rope-a-Dope with them right now, and they don't know how to overcome it. Elliott has reverted back to just being a "Guy" and that is not going to get it done.

Break out the golf clubs boys, you got an early Tee Time Tuesday morning.

El Camexican
04-24-2016, 12:14 AM
They're done dude, this team does not have that killer instinct like I thought they did. I truly thought they were going to overcome their annual choking habit, but it's not looking to good. The Hawks are playing Rope-a-Dope with them right now, and they don't know how to overcome it. Elliott has reverted back to just being a "Guy" and that is not going to get it done.

Break out the golf clubs boys, you got an early Tee Time Tuesday morning.

Ouch! Give them a break. That game was in front of a sea of red in arguably the toughest place to play in the league. I wouldn't put cash against the Blues on Monday.

bkm
04-24-2016, 12:40 AM
Hopefully HitchCock hasn't lost the team. Why he refuses to play Tarasenko and puts muckers and grinders like Brouwer out there is beyond me.

El Camexican
04-24-2016, 04:41 AM
Hopefully HitchCock hasn't lost the team. Why he refuses to play Tarasenko and puts muckers and grinders like Brouwer out there is beyond me.

I guess that depends on how Terasenko is thought of by his teammates and how willing they are to focus on what should matter right now VS dressing room drama. Hitchcock may be looking for a job soon if his season ends on Monday as I doubt they're going to trade the $60 million dollar Man.

El Camexican
04-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Game 7!!!!:Bounce:w00t::Bounce:w00t::Bounce This is gonna be epic!!!!!!

I wonder if they'll be playing this one on the organ during the pre-game skate?:naughty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCfWHqrYUqo

86T3
04-25-2016, 09:49 PM
I finally got a night off where im not exhausted, I'm out at a bar and they're putting the game on now. I really hope the blues can pull this one out even though I'm drinking Goose Island

86T3
04-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Here it comes, I can feel it

El Camexican
04-25-2016, 11:13 PM
I ran out of rum and am chewing my nails... GO BLUES!!!!!!!!

El Camexican
04-25-2016, 11:17 PM
And the Fat Chick is singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkm
04-25-2016, 11:37 PM
Wow! That's all I can really say right now. Unbelievable

El Camexican
04-25-2016, 11:43 PM
Wow! That's all I can really say right now. Unbelievable

Enjoy it buddy :beer Maybe next year Joe and I can get a taste.

86T3
04-26-2016, 09:02 AM
That was a really good game. I can't believe all the chances each team had. That 2 poster was absolutely insane. Idk how the defenseman cleared it, it looked like it must have went right under elliot as he was diving backwards. And Patrick Kane is really friggin good, it's like he's on skates and everyone else are wearing sneakers sometimes. Hope he has a low key off season.

bkm
04-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Alex Pietrangelo was an absolute beast in this game. If he doesn't get back to clear that 2 poster, it's a different game. My stomach sank when it hit the first post, but somehow it didn't go in.

Keep your eyes on #55 Colton Paryko, the kid is Shea Weber in the making. If he develops a mean streak, he's Chris Pronger 2.0

El Camexican
04-26-2016, 11:55 PM
I just remembered how much I hate the off days during the playoffs. Someone put the needle back in my vein, I'm starting to shake!

Maybe I'll watch a movie to take my mind off it...

bkm
04-27-2016, 12:03 AM
I just remembered how much I hate the off days during the playoffs. Someone put the needle back in my vein, I'm starting to shake!

Maybe I'll watch a movie to take my mind off it...

I watched Miracle yesterday morning before I went to bed. True story!

86T3
04-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Apparantly we've reached an impass. The Islanders Lightning series starts at 7 but the Nashville Anaheim game 7 is at 10. Idk what you're planning Captain Mexico, but in case in busy tonight and can't get on here I'm going with the Lightning in 7. I'll figure out the other pics tomorrow

El Camexican
04-27-2016, 06:06 PM
How the 1st round ended;

East
Washington Capitals (1) VS Philadelphia Flyers (13) – Caps in 6
Pittsburgh Penguins (4) VS New York Rangers (9) – Pens in 5
Florida Panthers (6) VS New York Islanders (10) – Islanders in 6
Tampa Bay Lightning (12) VS Detroit Red Wings (15) – Tampa in 5

West
Dallas Stars (2) VS Minnesota Wild (17) – Stars in 6
St. Louis Blues (3)VS Chicago Black Hawks(5) – Blues in 7
Anaheim Ducks (7) VS Nashville Predators (14) – TBD
Los Angeles Kings (8) VS San Jose Sharks (11) – Sharks in 5

Ok, in the order they were posted here are the current points standings;

El Cam – 1 – 1 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 0 – TBD – 0 = 3
86T3 – 1 – 2 – 0 – 1 – 2 – 0 – TBD – 0 = 6
BKM – 1 – 1 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 1 – TBD – 0 = 4
Keister – 1 – 2 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 1 – TBD – 0 = 5
Mr. C – 1 – 1 – 0 – 1 – 0 – 0 – TBD – 0 = 3

Please post your Tampa VS Islanders picks ASAP and we can update the rest of the matchups tomorrow.

Enjoy the games!:beer

El Camexican
04-27-2016, 06:08 PM
My picks for the second round.

Caps VS Pens – Caps in 6
Islanders VS Bolts – Islanders in 6 (sorry Mr. C)
Stars VS Blues – Blues in 7
??? VS Sharks - ??? in 6

bkm
04-27-2016, 06:16 PM
Isle in 7
Upset Alert! Pens in 6
Blues in 5
Sharks in 6

Mr. Clean
04-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Islanders vs Bolts- Ning in 6
Caps vs Penguins-Penguins in 7
Blues vs Stars-Blues in 6
Predators vs sharks-Sharks in 7

keister
04-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Round 2:
Pens in 7 (gulp)
Isles on 6
StL in 6
Anaheim in 6

keister
04-27-2016, 06:50 PM
How the 1st round ended;
El Cam – 1 – 1 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 0 – TBD – 0 = 3
86T3 – 1 – 2 – 0 – 1 – 2 – 0 – TBD – 0 = 6
BKM – 1 – 1 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 1 – TBD – 0 = 4
Kiester – 1 – 2 – 0 – 0 – 1 – 1 – TBD – 0 = 5
Mr. C – 1 – 1 – 0 – 1 – 0 – 0 – TBD – 0 = 3

Actually, it's 'e' before 'i' except after NBFJoe....apparently?!

El Camexican
04-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Actually, it's 'e' before 'i' except after NBFJoe....apparently?!

My bad, I spelt it in Canadian.

El Camexican
04-27-2016, 11:15 PM
I'm the only one picking the Caps? Joe, get your picks up tonight and tell me I'm not nuts.

kEIster, we're only at mid game, but you may want to rethink the Ducks:lol:

86T3
04-28-2016, 12:11 AM
Caps in 4. F the Penguins, I hate that greasy molester stached captain of theirs. I was at the first winter classic, working on a personal best number of beers consumed in one day, shirtless for the 3rd period and into overtime, and that jerk beats Ryan Miller in the shootout. Flash forward a couple years. My whole life I wanted a snowmobile so I finally bit the bullet and bought one.it was the same winter as the Vancouver (I think) winter olympics and one of my favorite things was to bar hop on it and watch the hockey games. I was having a nice Sunday, sitting at my local bar. Drinks were flowing, I had a huge platter of loaded french fries with a bowl of ranch dressing, and Team USA took team Canada to overtime in the olympics. That trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro scores on Miller again! He's ruined too many of my great days, I hope he never hoists the cup again. Anyways...
Blues in 6
Caps in 4
San Jose in 7 whoever they play.

El Camexican
04-28-2016, 12:55 AM
Well nobody picked the Predators, so the point count stands. Keister, Mr. C, pick your Nashville VS San Jose team and lets get this party started!

PS. I hate the Ducks, so I'm glad they lost. Perry looks like a dildo model and their coach is a dead ringer for Alfred Hitchcock.

bkm
04-28-2016, 01:12 AM
I loved seeing a dejected Perry and Kesler. F em

keister
04-28-2016, 08:49 AM
Round 2:
Pens in 7
Isles in 6
StL in 6
SanJose in 7

keister
04-28-2016, 03:55 PM
Caps in 4. F the Penguins, I hate that greasy molester stached captain of theirs. I was at the first winter classic, working on a personal best number of beers consumed in one day, shirtless for the 3rd period and into overtime, and that jerk beats Ryan Miller in the shootout. Flash forward a couple years. My whole life I wanted a snowmobile so I finally bit the bullet and bought one.it was the same winter as the Vancouver (I think) winter olympics and one of my favorite things was to bar hop on it and watch the hockey games. I was having a nice Sunday, sitting at my local bar. Drinks were flowing, I had a huge platter of loaded french fries with a bowl of ranch dressing, and Team USA took team Canada to overtime in the olympics. That trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro scores on Miller again! He's ruined too many of my great days, I hope he never hoists the cup again. Anyways...
Blues in 6
Caps in 4
San Jose in 7 whoever they play.

I thought we were best friends.

86T3
04-29-2016, 12:21 AM
We'll always have trikes and beer

Mr. Clean
04-29-2016, 12:39 AM
We'll always have trikes and beer

Priorities.

El Camexican
04-29-2016, 06:05 AM
I thought we were best friends.

Face it, hockey friends of different teams are never more than one trade away from becoming enemies.

If Crosby ever got traded to Buffalo Joe he'd change his screen name to 87SC before mid season. :)

Mr. Clean
04-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Mr. C, pick your Nashville VS San Jose team and lets get this party started!

Done, picked the sharks in 7.

bkm
04-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Last night was a very uninspired effort, but going back to the regular season, the Blues were always sluggish after a long rest. They are a team that plays better during a grind, plus Dallas was jacked being at home. Hopefully this game got the gears turning and they'll get back to tendorizing the competition.

keister
04-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Face it, hockey friends of different teams are never more than one trade away from becoming enemies.

If Crosby ever got traded to Buffalo Joe he'd change his screen name to 87SC before mid season. :)

And Brooks Orpik is a fine example of your explanation at this moment.

86T3
04-30-2016, 10:44 PM

There are 3 players I'll never cheer for no matter what team they're on. Crosby, Lucic, and Marchand. I know that Crosby s a good dude and doesn't belong in the same catagory as the other two, but I still don't like him

El Camexican
05-02-2016, 05:57 AM
There are 3 players I'll never cheer for no matter what team they're on. Crosby, Lucic, and Marchand. I know that Crosby s a good dude and doesn't belong in the same catagory as the other two, but I still don't like him

No argument there. Lucic and Marchand boil my blood at times, especially Marchand around the goal, he's a chippy little f**er. Not sure why he doesn't get beat on for it more. I guess its like Gallagher, no one wants to hit the small kids. A couple years back I saw Sid try and drop gloves with a goalie well after the play and it embarrassed me, but he redeemed himself a bit last year when he stood up with Brandon Dubinsky.

It sucks that I have to cheer for guys I don't like when a Team Canada get's put together, but if BKM can cheer for a team USA with Kane on it I can do it too.:lol:

bkm
05-02-2016, 07:03 AM
It sucks that I have to cheer for guys I don't like when a Team Canada get's put together, but if BKM can cheer for a team USA with Kane on it I can do it too.:lol:

I had to watch all of the Olympics with a clothes pin on my nose.

86T3
05-02-2016, 11:16 AM
How can you hate a guy who cut out a period correct mullet and scored a cup clinching overtime goal with that Mississippi mudflap flowing out the back?

bkm
05-02-2016, 12:09 PM
How can you hate a guy who cut out a period correct mullet and scored a cup clinching overtime goal with that Mississippi mudflap flowing out the back?

One word, Blackhawk!

bkm
05-04-2016, 11:05 AM
What the F? Crickets in here yo.

Captain Mexico, how about your Winny boys going off on them Stars last night? Dallas had that Holy Jesus, this guy is going to break us in half look on their faces last night. Reever is in their kitchen now, and Lindy is mind f'ing his goaltenders. Hopefully it keeps up for two more games.

El Camexican
05-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Dude, I'm in Vegas begging people to shut off basketball games so I can watch hockey. Priorities as Mr. C said. It's good to see Reaves, back in skates and Steen seems to be in the zone. My other two picks lost though.

86T3
05-04-2016, 12:05 PM
I caught the end of the caps pens game Saturday and it had to have been the most exciting hockey I've ever seen. I know I just said that about the blues hawks game 7 but this was even better. Too bad the wrong team won. Glad to see the blues pulled their heads of of their duppas. Lindy got a lot of criticism here for how he handled his goalies. He'd play Miller 20 games in a row, then wonder why he got fatigued and backup was terrible. They were just saying on the radio that back when he had Hasek he wouldn't say who was going to start in net. Like it was some big secret. I like the guy and he has changed as a coach, but he is still lacking in that area. Little known fact, I was at Lindy's last game before he got fired. My wife's company had a box so we'd get to catch a couple games a year. Free dinner and beer! If I remember correctly, it was against Winnipeg.

Mr. Clean
05-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Ning with an overtime win last night was AWESOME!!!!

El Camexican
05-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Ning with an overtime win last night was AWESOME!!!!

It was! So was tonight's Pens OT winner.

bkm
05-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Elliott has to have that overtime goal. No excuse for that at all.

El Camexican
05-06-2016, 12:31 AM
Elliott has to have that overtime goal. No excuse for that at all.

Yes that sucked, but in order for my 7 game prediction to come to fruition these things must happen. Now if only the Preds would end this game so I can go play cards!!!

bkm
05-06-2016, 12:33 AM
I think that Chicago series zapped all my emotions. I'm not even pissed. It sucks, but oh well. Best two out of three now.

Mr. Clean
05-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Another OT win for my ning!!! In new yuck !!!!!

El Camexican
05-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Another OT win for my ning!!! In new yuck !!!!!

Very impressive. Other than them only the Preds came in lower and are still in it (by the grace of God and instant replay). They may end up being the Cinderella team when this is over.
:beer

bkm
05-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Great bounce back win for Elliott. He stole that game. Hopefully they can close it out Monday at home.

El Camexican
05-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Great bounce back win for Elliott. He stole that game. Hopefully they can close it out Monday at home.

Missed it:( Glad to see the Blues won. I'm of the belief that the winner of this series hoists the cup.

86T3
05-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Missed it:( Glad to see the Blues won. I'm of the belief that the winner of this series hoists the cup.

Anyone but the Penguins

El Camexican
05-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Anyone but the Penguins

Many disenchanted Canadians will tune back in to watch if Sid the Squid makes the show. He's the new Gretzky eh. :rolleyes: I'll take Toews over him any day.

86T3
05-08-2016, 12:07 AM
Many disenchanted Canadians will tune back in to watch if Sid the Squid makes the show. He's the new Gretzky eh. :rolleyes: I'll take Toews over him any day.

I concur. After a long day of work, I finally resigned to my lazy boy, dinner, and a 12er of bud light lime. I figured I'd keep up with the pens caps game on espn, but for some reason I flipped the tv on. Can you believe that the NHL somehow got a 2nd round playoff game on network tv? Praise Betman!:crazy: It was a good game, I'm glad the caps won but I can't picture them winning 2 more. The pens goalie is playing like the love child of Hasek and Roy. Cindy isn't the force he should be, I would be suprised if he was playing with an injury again. Ovechkin is awesome, I hope that guy wins a cup someday, but I don't think it will be with washington.

Mr. Clean
05-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Two OT losses takes the fight out of you.

Bolts move on to the next round. :D

El Camexican
05-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Sure it would have been nice for the Blues to win in 6, but I picked them in 7 and that's how it's gonna go down.:lol:

Get your beers chilled, there's no game like a game 7 :Bounce

bkm
05-10-2016, 07:08 AM
The Blues certainly like to cause me high anxiety and finnishing a team before game seven would be very nice. Hopefully Elliott doesn't shat that bed again like last night.

Mr. Clean
05-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Bring on the penguins. I have heritage in PA, but I am native Floridian so bolts are my team...keister and I will not be talking for a week or so....and I have his KR pipe in my parts room. :D

El Camexican
05-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Wow! Didn't expect a blowout like that! Backes has a TV career when he gets tired of playing the game.

bkm
05-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Elliott put the hard hat on tonight and got it done. The Blues blocked 34 shots tonight. Every player put in 60 minutes tonight.

keister
05-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Bring on the penguins. I have heritage in PA, but I am native Floridian so bolts are my team...keister and I will not be talking for a week or so....and I have his KR pipe in my parts room. :D

Uh oh. Hope it isn't all rusty and dented when I get it. Worse yet, a big lightning bolt painted on the side.
Believe it or not, I have always enjoyed watching Lightning games, so I am looking forward to this series. Stamkos and St. Louis are (were) always really entertaining to watch.

This series will be speed vs. speed and will be fun for sure.
Still have no idea what is going on in net for the Pens.
I know Fleury got shelled pretty good by the Bolts in at least one game this year (maybe 2).
Perhaps we should just continue to ride the Matt Murray wave through this series too.

keister
05-12-2016, 12:02 PM
But I am up against our (mostly) annual spring 3-wheeler trip to Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia.
That means I am going to miss quite a bit of action in the next round (once again, priorities!!! trikes vs hockey!)
Hopefully it isn't against the rules, but I am going to make my picks for Round 3.
EAST - Penguins in 7.
WEST - Blues in 6.

Good luck everyone!!

Mr. Clean
05-12-2016, 02:15 PM
El Cahockeyian is slipping.

Bolts in 6
Blues in 6

El Camexican
05-12-2016, 06:11 PM
El Cahockeyian is slipping.

I'm not worried. I called the blues in 7, so 2 bonus points for that stoke of luck and I was the only one to take the Preds, so if they win tonight I'm still in this.

El Camexican
05-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Another blowout. Time to change the TV to an infomercial, or something else less disappointing.

I'm down for the Blues in 5 and the Pens in 7

Points will be posted in the morning.

El Camexican
05-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Here we are. Get your picks up if you haven’t Pens VS Bolts starts tonight. Point values have double again.

El Cam – 0 – 0 – 4 – 0 = 4 + 3 = 7
86T3 – 2 – 0 – 2 – 4 = 8 +6 = 14
BKM – 0 – 4 – 2 – 2 = 8 + 4 = 12
Keister – 2 – 0 – 2 – 4 = 8 + 5 = 13
Mr. C – 2 – 2 – 2 – 4 = 10 + 3 = 13

Mr. C took this round :beer

bkm
05-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Bolts in 6

The Blues didn't stack up well this year against the Sharks so I don't have the warm fuzzy about this series but I'll take the Blues in 7 again.

86T3
05-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Blues in 6 and, ugh, pens in 6.

keister
05-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Blues in 6 and, ugh, pens in 6.

Finally!!
Good thing too, cause I was about to start calling you "Former Best Friend Joe."

Mr. Clean
05-13-2016, 12:13 PM
Bolts in 6

The Blues didn't stack up well this year against the Sharks so I don't have the warm fuzzy about this series but I'll take the Blues in 7 again.

When your team goes this deep in the playoffs it is so hard not to pick them.....ugh......its a bad problem to have though.

El Camexican
05-13-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm taking a slap shot from center ice with 2 seconds on the clock with my picks. I would have liked to have taken both series at 6 games, but if they do end that way we all get points and I still lose this contest, so I'm betting on a long shot to try gain some points.

The way the Blues have been hot and cold 5 games is a fantasy, but maybe that last game in Dallas was a preview for what lies ahead? I still don't know what it is about Tampa that reminds me of vanilla flavored everything. They seem so even keeled that it's hard to believe they can win against a tough hitting team, but then again, that's what seems to have worked for the Hawks for so long.

Enjoy the games boys :beer

El Camexican
05-14-2016, 12:22 AM
A win without Bishop, I'm impressed. I fell something like that once, broke the tip of my fibula. He'll do well to get back for next season. Sucks for the Bolts. :(

86T3
05-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Think Kunitz will get suspended? I was a good feeling to check espn and see that the pens lost. Then I heckled my wife, it was a good night

El Camexican
05-14-2016, 07:02 PM
No word of any suspensions yet. Damn, if that series goes 7 games they might run out of players.

86T3
05-14-2016, 09:35 PM
They said on ESPN that Callahan won't be suspended, so I'm guessing since they said that that Kunitz won't be suspended either. Looked like he stuck his knee out, but idk anymore. The NHL is the most poorly ran sports leaque of them all. Hopefully no one is injured too bad and they can all come back.

bkm
05-15-2016, 11:19 PM
Ugly win, but a W is a W!

El Camexican
05-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Ugly win, but a W is a W!

Elliot was up for it, maybe the rest of the team can join him for game 2.

El Camexican
05-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Memories of better times...

bkm
05-20-2016, 07:56 AM
Blues need to look on the bright side because after they lose game 5 and the series at home, they don't have a long plane ride home. What a terrible performance. I'm not even engaged at this point because I've got better things to do than waste three hours of my life watching a bunch of bushers out there getting their asses kicked in every puck battle.

I don't know if the two long previous series have worn them down or they're still hungover?

Mr. Clean
05-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Been some tough games to watch for sure. Seems the blues and lightning are ready to get their golf clubs out and dusted off in prep for the off season.

El Camexican
05-20-2016, 10:52 PM
Hey Joe, check these guys out. They both have teams in the semi-finals and it would seem they aren't happy:cry: I'll love to watch the Jets lose a semi-final game.:lol:

Blues are one win away from a tied series. Tampa just need to hold off till the end of the third period tonight. Man up guys, real fans cheer hard both ways!!!:Bounce

bkm
05-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Losing is one thing. Lethargic, uninspired, playing like they don't really care, is another. Sorry I can't sit with my pompoms in front of the TV and issue participation ribbons and atta' boys for just showing up. When the alarm goes off at 4:30 AM, I'm not losing sleep over that type of effort. If doing so gets my "real fan" card revoked, so be it.

El Camexican
05-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Losing is one thing. Lethargic, uninspired, playing like they don't really care, is another. Sorry I can't sit with my pompoms in front of the TV and issue participation ribbons and atta' boys for just showing up. When the alarm goes off at 4:30 AM, I'm not losing sleep over that type of effort. If doing so gets my "real fan" card revoked, so be it.

Cheer up puddin, they didn't come this far to roll over and die. If Allen wants to be the starter for the finals he'll play well, you know he can. I expect them to lay the pain on the Sharks tonight.

bkm
05-21-2016, 01:39 PM
We'll see. I think tonight is their season even if they still have one more to lose after this. Hitchcock will either be a genius or a moron after this game.

El Camexican
05-21-2016, 09:09 PM
I normally wait till the end of the third to do this, but I think it's safe for an "I told you so" after 40 minutes.

Blues are the best team left of the four, they just need to play like it.:)

bkm
05-22-2016, 08:12 AM
You were right. I honestly didn't think they had it in them after the lacklust first three games. I guess you're doing okay to have played three bad games and have the series tied at 2-2.

El Camexican
05-22-2016, 09:52 AM
You were right. I honestly didn't think they had it in them after the lacklust first three games. I guess you're doing okay to have played three bad games and have the series tied at 2-2.

I didn't follow them this year prior to the playoffs, but I'm guessing to finish like they did they didn't have too many three game loosing streaks. Win or lose this series, they had a hell of a season.

bkm
05-22-2016, 09:56 AM
They have to keep their foot on the gas. Jones is not Patrick Roy and showed how he handles sustained pressure. In games 2 and 3 he was able to stop everything, because every shot was from 40 feet away. When the Blues forecheck and control the puck behind the net, the Sharks and Jones didn't know how to react.

El Camexican
05-22-2016, 10:02 AM
When the Blues forecheck and control the puck behind the net, the Sharks and Jones didn't know how to react.

I think the Sharks had the reaction part down pretty well yesterday: Slam stick on ice, return to center ice, repeat :lol:

86T3
05-22-2016, 10:28 AM
I was kinda bummed about this round till Tampa and St. Louis won their last games. Looks like Shitsburg will be turning to flower in game 5. Lucky for Tampa, this flower wilts in the spring. I heard on the radio this is the 1st time since 1980 that 8 different goalies have played in the 3rd round, that's crazy.

Mr. Clean
05-23-2016, 01:13 PM
CRAZY game 5. Game tying goal in the last 3 minutes of regulation and game winning goal within the first minute of OT. Pens looked the better team thru most of the game. I questioned bringing in Fleury who had not started in 2 + months but played pretty well.

Game 6 is Tuesday, going to watch the other teams play tonight.

I will leave you with this pic from last night :)

bkm
05-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Crazy ending indeed. Your Bolts are really playing good despite all the major injuries they've had.

86T3
05-23-2016, 05:15 PM
I was pretty bummed to hear that my favorite professional wrestler Shawn Michaels was at the game yesterday. Glad he didn't bring them good luck

bkm
05-23-2016, 10:53 PM
Jake Allen can only win if the Blues score six. Two blown leads against a very beatable goaltender in Jones and they still find a way to lose. This is the team I know and love.

El Camexican
05-23-2016, 11:03 PM
You guys may have overpaid the Rubles to someone. He's skating around like he's the one that gave birth. I thought a new baby meant a hat trike, or at least a goal. He's getting worse by the game. I wouldn't be too surprised if either him or Hitchcock are gone next year if this series doesn't turn around.

bkm
05-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Tarasenko isn't going anywhere, but Hitch is probably done win or lose. Once these playoffs are over we will hear that Tarasenko was playing with a pretty significant injury I'd suspect?

In hindsight, Allen was a poor choice for game 5 and Petro was horrible. Mental lapses are killing this team and mistakes by veterans are inexcusable.

I know it's not over, but I have a feeling it's over. Time will tell Eh!

El Camexican
05-24-2016, 06:18 PM
I see Elliot is getting the nod for game 6. Hopefully your boys can shield him from pucks. I have no other words of encouragement for you. I've enjoyed the other series more these past few games. They seem to be trying harder and skating faster.

Going 7 in every series may have taken it's toll on the Blues. Have you noticed how slow they are to start a rush when they're on a power play the last couple games? It's almost like they want to use the time to rest up.

I would hate so much too see a Battle of The Beach Boys final.

86T3
05-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Captain Mexico, an unrelated topic, but if you wanted to enjoy a 24 (pronounced two four for you non Canadien speakers) of Canadien beer at TF what would your flavor of choice be? This is a quiz, there are only 3 correct answers, and you will be graded.

El Camexican
05-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Captain Mexico, an unrelated topic, but if you wanted to enjoy a 24 (pronounced two four for you non Canadien speakers) of Canadien beer at TF what would your flavor of choice be? This is a quiz, there are only 3 correct answers, and you will be graded.

You may not like my answer, but I do not willingly drink Molson's Canadian beer, reminds me too much of the Habs. Blue is ok, but Moosehead or Kokanee is what wets my whistle when I do fancy a brew back home. That isn't often though, I'm a rum drinker. Did I fail? :(

86T3
05-25-2016, 11:22 AM
You get a 70%. Molson, Labbatts, and specifically Molson XXX were the correct answers. You got 2, but won't drink one because of spite, which gets bonus points in my book. If you said Alexander Keith's it would have been an automatic failure and I probably wouldn't have talked to you at trikefest. Do you want me to grab some Moosehead or kokannee for you?

El Camexican
05-25-2016, 06:12 PM
You get a 70%. Molson, Labbatts, and specifically Molson XXX were the correct answers. You got 2, but won't drink one because of spite, which gets bonus points in my book. If you said Alexander Keith's it would have been an automatic failure and I probably wouldn't have talked to you at trikefest. Do you want me to grab some Moosehead or kokannee for you?

I'm trying to lay off the brews as it makes me fat, but a six pack (AKA poverty pack)of Moosehead would be a treat. Is there a Mexican brand of cerveza I can reciprocate the favor with?

Molson XXX... The name says it all on that one. Extra Old Stock is about as manly as I get with my brews and even then it's a little harsh for my taste.

Ice cold Tequila shots will be available to those who wish to stop in and sign my guest book while supplies last.:Bounce

El Camexican
05-25-2016, 11:22 PM
So much for that. Think they'll have time for 9 before the flight home?

bkm
05-26-2016, 09:58 AM
Wash, rinse, repeat.

keister
05-26-2016, 10:56 PM
Penguins in 5

86T3
05-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Sharks in 6

El Camexican
05-27-2016, 12:48 AM
Pinche Pens in 7

El Camexican
05-27-2016, 08:03 AM
El Cam – 0 – 0 – 4 – 0 = 4 + 3 = 7 +0 + 8 = 14
86T3 – 2 – 0 – 2 – 4 = 8 +6 = 14 + 0 + 4 = 18
BKM – 0 – 4 – 2 – 2 = 8 + 4 = 12 + 0 + 0 = 12
Keister – 2 – 0 – 2 – 4 = 8 + 5 = 13 + 0 + 8 = 21
Mr. C – 2 – 2 – 2 – 4 = 10 + 3 = 13 + 0 + 0 = 13

Points double again, 16 more if you can pick the winner and the games, no one is out of this yet.

Mr. Clean
05-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Pens in 6.

bkm
05-27-2016, 11:40 PM
Sharks 6 and with any luck Thornton, Wingles, and or Burns will recieve career ending injuries in the process.

El Camexican
05-30-2016, 07:52 PM
The so called experts announced today that the Sharks will win in 6 as did our very own 86T3 and BKM some 4 days earlier. (pause to clap)

So now a little analysis of our own…

- By choosing the Sharks in 6 BKM has essentially eliminated himself from a 1st place finish as the Sharks in any amount of games makes 86T3 the winner of this contest.

However…

- If the Pens win in 4, or 5 Keister is King of the hill
- If the Pens win in 6 Mr. C and Keister will tie for first. Not sure what we would do about that. Perhaps a cage match of some sort? Open to suggestions here.
- If the Pens win in 7 I will beat Keister by one point and extend my streak to two years (yeah me!)

Puck drops in a few minutes. May the best team win.:beer

Mr. Clean
05-31-2016, 02:10 PM
- If the Pens win in 6 Mr. C and Keister will tie for first. Not sure what we would do about that. Perhaps a cage match of some sort? Open to suggestions here.

Cage match at next years Invasion. Yes.

El Camexican
06-01-2016, 11:14 PM
How about dem flightless birds? Great hits tonight, most from the Sharks. Now back to CA where I hope the Sharks win both :Bounce

keister
06-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Cage match at next years Invasion. Yes.

Shotgun beers for tiebreaker.

El Camexican
06-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Getting interesting... Jones had a heck of a night.

keister
06-10-2016, 12:09 PM
No Pittsburgh team has won a championship at home (in Pittsburgh) since Bill Mazeroski hit the home run to beat the Yankees in the 1960 World Series.
I'm not sure that the earlier Penguins cup teams even had an elimination game at home -- offering them the opportunity to break the streak.
Anyway... the local news media has been making such a HUGE fuss about this obscure home championship drought.....
I think they effectively jinxed the Penguins last night.
The good news is Sunday's game in in San Jose. This CAN'T come back here for a game 7!!

Side note: Prior to Game 6, the St. Louis Cardinals are playing a nationally televised ESPN game in Pittsburgh at 5:05.
Feel free to tune in / pre-game if you get a hankerin' for "watching paint dry".

bkm
06-10-2016, 12:26 PM
I'll be watching Cards and Pirates. Someone please tell me if Thornton, Burns, or Wingles suffer career ending injuries during the game.

ironchop
06-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Gordy Howe died

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Mr. Clean
06-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Hope the Pens take it in six, then the cage match/beer shotgun competition is ON!!

El Camexican
06-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Gordy Howe died

The pride of Saskatchewan and truly one of the greats. I was lucky enough to see him play a few times as a kid. He was larger than life when he stepped on the ice. It's just not the same with everyone wearing helmets now.

R.I.P. Gordy, may your namesake hat trick live on forever :beer

El Camexican
06-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Hope the Pens take it in six, then the cage match/beer shotgun competition is ON!!

Sorry to say Mr. C, but this series is going 7. :D

bkm
06-10-2016, 07:26 PM
The pride of Saskatchewan and truly one of the greats. I was lucky enough to see him play a few times as a kid. He was larger than life when he stepped on the ice. It's just not the same with everyone wearing helmets now.

R.I.P. Gordy, may your namesake hat trick live on forever :beer
At 51 years old he scored 15 goals and had 41 points. Unreal

El Camexican
06-10-2016, 10:22 PM
At 51 years old he scored 15 goals and had 41 points. Unreal

I wonder if Jaggar will still be playing in his 50's? If he does he'll have likely played with every team in the league by then :lol:

86T3
06-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Driving home from a trike race in NC, the wife and I are going to stop in at Primanti Brothers north of Pittsburgh for a delicious dinner. I'll be surrounded by the enemy so I'll have to keep my hockey thoughts to myself. It's going to he hard. I'm hopeful that my professional wrestler looks, and the aroma of someone who spent 3 days in 90 degree weather without showering will keep me safe. If not here's one last video to piss off 2 fan bases. Long live the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.
https://youtu.be/dzOTgSI689M

El Camexican
06-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Driving home from a trike race in NC, the wife and I are going to stop in at Primanti Brothers north of Pittsburgh for a delicious dinner. I'll be surrounded by the enemy so I'll have to keep my hockey thoughts to myself. It's going to he hard. I'm hopeful that my professional wrestler looks, and the aroma of someone who spent 3 days in 90 degree weather without showering will keep me safe. If not here's one last video to piss off 2 fan bases. Long live the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.
https://youtu.be/dzOTgSI689M

If you get caught cheering for the Sharks just tell them your a Pens fan that wants them to win the cup at home.

El Camexican
06-12-2016, 10:50 PM
And there we have it...

Mr. C & Keister – 29
El Cam – 22
86T3 – 18
BKM – 12

Now we can all (yawn) watch Baseball. Go Indians!!!

bkm
06-12-2016, 11:32 PM
That was an absolutely pathetic showing by team bkm, but seeing a dejected Thornton made my poor performance that much easier to deal with.

Mr. Clean
06-13-2016, 12:47 AM
bkm...... focus on the cage match.

86T3
06-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Did Cindy really deserve the conn smythe? Legitimate question, I didn't watch many games but never heard him talked about being in the running for it. And I found this gem earlier. 232706

El Camexican
06-13-2016, 08:02 AM
My thought ( and I'm not a big fan of his), yes. He played his a** off. Took a ton of sh*t and abuse from the Sharks and kept his cool. I lost count of how many times they knocked his helmet off and he just kept focused on making plays. His only weakness was his inability to grow a real beard.

keister
06-13-2016, 12:50 PM
First off, I'd like to thank The Academy, my parents, Tionesta Trikes, all the little people that got me here........

Did Cindy really deserve the conn smythe? Legitimate question, I didn't watch many games but never heard him talked about being in the running for it. And I found this gem earlier.

Personally, I would have given it to Matt Murray. Sid didn't put up spectacular numbers, but he did so much that didn't show up on the scoresheet (the 2-handed slash on the opening puckoff was priceless). Kessel was another strong candidate. Bonino had a spectacular playoff. If he would have scored in game 5 or 6, I think he may have won it. He is quickly becoming a fan favorite in Pittsburgh.

T....... but seeing a dejected Thornton made my poor performance that much easier to deal with.

Yes, that was fun!

bkm...... focus on the cage match.

I thought we were shotgunning beers. I never agreed to the cage match. Seems like we might be in different weight classes.

Mr. Clean
06-13-2016, 01:51 PM
First off, I'd like to thank The Academy, my parents, Tionesta Trikes, all the little people that got me here........

I thought we were shotgunning beers. I never agreed to the cage match. Seems like we might be in different weight classes.

Cograts on your PENS winning the cup, my only solace is that my bolts lost to the eventual winner of the cup.

I can gain/lose weight for both events :D