PDA

View Full Version : new member with 250sx

edizzle89
04-14-2016, 09:43 AM
I recently became the owner of a 250sx with a 250r front end. it runs and rides, just needs rear brakes and steering stem bearings.

The rear bar was also crumpled so i made a new one from some scrap i had around

The only thing that i am trying to figure out is what steering stem bearings i need. I am guessing that is why my trike needs new bearings is because someone just throw the R front on it and didnt know what bearings to use. From what i have read on this forum is that to put the 250r front end on the 250sx frame you need tapered roller bearings since the SX uses ball bearing. But what i havent found is where to get these specific roller bearings that work on the SX neck that are needed for the swap.

Before i really know that there was a specific bearing needed for the front end swap I ordered 'Quadboss Steering Stem Bearing and Seal Kits - 56877' from here:
http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-control-and-brake/steering-stems-bearings/quadboss-steering-stem-bearing-and-seal-kits?m=1914

it shows a tapered bearing in the picture but i know when it comes to ordering things online you can only trust the picture show for the product as far as you can thow it lol

so any guidance in this great bearing dilemma would be much appriciated. i just want to get out and ride!