PDA

View Full Version : 225dx exhaust

CSvehla
04-22-2016, 01:25 PM
So here I am checking out some old buildings on the place that my wife and I are renting, and what do I find??? That's Right a beat up, flat tired, missing seat, YTM 225DX. So I pulled it out of the shed, pulled the cord a couple times, gave it a small shot of gas in the plug, pulled it twice and it fired up. I have since rebuilt that carb. and got it to run as well as the electric start working. The next part I'm looking to find is the exhaust. I'm pretty new to these machines any ideas on where I might find this would be very helpful. The muffler is still bolted on, but I am missing everything between the there and the head. I'm OK with used parts to get me going, and if it stays running I may upgrade eventually.

DohcBikes
04-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Last I checked yesterday there was a complete aftermarket exhaust on ebay for $60. The head pipes don't come up super often.

Don't forget to watch for 225dr pipes too.

Flat tires, better than car tires? Picked this one up last week.

CSvehla
04-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the response and advice. Like I said, I am very new to the trike/atc scene so everything is helpful. I'm not sure which tires I would rather have, but overall yours seems to be in better shape.230749 After work today I pulled the cover off the box that the air filter goes in, found the box was stuffed full of whatever a mouse could use to make its nest, and the filter element was rusted in two. Guess I'll add that to the parts I need to order. Even with finding all these things I still can't wait to work on it at night!

Thanks again,
Chris

DohcBikes
04-23-2016, 12:13 AM
Actually yours looks a lot nicer it's just dirty. I had to replace nearly everything on this one including the entire front end, swingarm and final drive, rear shock, rear fender and side panels. Carb.

Count your blessings, parts are not cheap. For example front fenders $80+ pull starts $80+ rear fenders near impossible to get in good shape.

Glad you're having fun. This is my 5th DX. Here it is today, almost ready for trails! I need to fab a muffler.

yaegerb
04-23-2016, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the response and advice. Like I said, I am very new to the trike/atc scene so everything is helpful. I'm not sure which tires I would rather have, but overall yours seems to be in better shape.230749 After work today I pulled the cover off the box that the air filter goes in, found the box was stuffed full of whatever a mouse could use to make its nest, and the filter element was rusted in two. Guess I'll add that to the parts I need to order. Even with finding all these things I still can't wait to work on it at night!

Thanks again,
Chris

Wow!, a flat and rotted trail pro. Now I can die a happy man.

Mojave Trike
04-06-2017, 05:59 PM
What is a good muffler swap, for the Yamaha DX? I intend to get a stainless pipe bent for the front exhaust 1/2. Found a fella withe the right size dye. Bike Bandit, or Dennis Kirk, has a new exhaust set up for DX, made by DG, if you aren't looking to up grade.

fabiodriven
04-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Nothing better than factory muffler on a DX/DR in my opinion.