PDA

View Full Version : $25K 250R build

Mr. Clean
04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/snw/5544966595.html

Where was the 25K spent?

oldskool83
04-22-2016, 02:02 PM
No clue, but is it worth $5500...yes! You would have more into building one. Problem is if I'm gonna spend that on a toy I'm gonna build it the way I want.

yaegerb
04-22-2016, 02:56 PM
You know what drives me nuts about builds like this......for arguments sake, let's say this guy has 25K invested in this bike. Why in Zeus's butthole do you spend that much money on mating a 400L top end, chroming/powdering everything only to put a damn FMF on; seriously? I am a fan of FMF's, but if you are going to blow your wad on everything else why not just spend the extra $$$ and get a Kenny Roberts/LRD/PSI pipe to complete the package.

And for the record....went a little to heavy with the diamond plate today, didn't we?

Mr. Clean
04-22-2016, 03:09 PM
^^^^ Yes!! First thought I had was why the FMF. They are good for price point and overall performance but yeah a hand cone pipe on that would really jazz it up.

Oh and I think there is probably a couple hundred bucs in tire shine as well.

BOB MARLIN
04-22-2016, 03:41 PM
I spent a lot of money on my 250r. And with $25,000 I could build at least 4 more just like it. I don't know what it is with people that spend a but load of cash on trikes and when its done it still looks like a hodge podge of parts just thrown together with no concept of how it looks when it's done. I know some builds are for pure performance , but it states it's also a "show" trike. Yikes !

KASEY
04-22-2016, 11:30 PM
that guy was at the invasion a couple of years ago,,,the bike was built maybe 20 years ago,, it looked like at the invasion,, and it did not run,,,, he worked on it all day ,,, he had to leave because his kid went out on a dirt bike and tried to kill himself,,, and I thing the guy needed to go get an arm sling, he was getting a real sore arm from patting himself on the back so much..... all day.... he insulted me in the first 5 minutes that he was there so I never gave him the time of the day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jwheeler
04-23-2016, 12:06 AM
Hey Mike thank you for posting this. I was at the guy house that is selling it last year,( The Horder) he told me that the guy that owned the trike was in jail. And he was going to sell it for him. Look in Bakersfield for the real $25'000 250r !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOB MARLIN
04-23-2016, 09:10 AM
$25K- 20 years ago- OUCH.
looking back and reading my reply to this post, I guess was maybe I was a bit critical to somebodys pride and joy. I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.