PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday - Supercross at Gillete Stadium/Patriots Place!!!!

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2016, 02:19 PM
If you've never seen it live, it's amazing. So many things going on in the pits, saw big James and Malcolm (who took 1st in his heat and 3rd in his main). Said hello to Doug Henry, told him the things I knew about him and the time I saw him and Stacey (wife) at Southwick with 2 broken arms in casts. He just smiled and nodded. He was given an award yesterday as well.

This was a stadium and Christina got us some great seat!! The track seemed a bit smaller and many 250's couldn't hit the triple or cased it and crashed. Lots of crashes yesterday!!

Matt knew an AMA official so we got hooked up, free parking and no standing in line.

The girls waited almost 3 hours for a Dungey signature and selfie but the shut the line down 10' from them!! They were pissed! He only managed 3rd in the main. Seemed off in the main and nearly stayed off the box. They told me Dungey was "too far ahead in points" and he was probably told to lose the race; I doubt it.... Roczen was just FAST as well as Tomac!

I've been watching every race since 1990 but never had a SX event near me; But, I saw many MX races at Southwick. They are back on the schedule this year but Christina and Matt planned their wedding for the same damn weekend!! The view at Southwick was always limited, Foxboro let everyone see every view and only 83$ a ticket. Not bad for 9AM to 5PM.

Anyhoo, if you get a chance, go to a SX event near you, I loved it!!

P.S. The race is on tonight I believe at 10PM on FS1 or FS2....

plastikosmd
04-24-2016, 06:15 PM
I would love to see a race, someday

Dirtcrasher
04-24-2016, 08:50 PM
You were close to this one Scott!! It's been about 25 years since the last Foxboro SX.

Next up is Southwick MX about 2.5 hours from you, 2 for me. And, it's the 1st time back in 2 years now. Should be great!!

At Southwick everyone in line at the pits was quiet. I said "Jeremy McGrath rules!!". Everyone looked at me almost in horror, Jeremy smiled. They aren't the president of the USA. Well, if they were, I'd douche him with race fuel, :lol:

Allot of the 3WW boys and TRUPA will be at Unadilla this year. I plan on attending as well.....

Matt85'350x
04-24-2016, 10:20 PM
I go to the Detroit race every year. Unfortunately they don't have a pit party in Detroit. We usually go early and watch the practice races too. It's a great time I just wish I didn't have to go to Detroit to see it lol

86T3
04-24-2016, 11:24 PM
I'd love to watch the bikes at Unadilla but it's a busy time of year for me

Mickey Dunlap
04-25-2016, 08:21 AM
Did you see the Tri-Z 250 with #85 on the number plate in the http://www.legendsandheroestour.org/#!contact/c24vq area?

Dirtcrasher
04-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Did you see the Tri-Z 250 with #85 on the number plate in the http://www.legendsandheroestour.org/#!contact/c24vq area?

Yes sir, it was next to mint. Sad story that the rider died the day after a race but no mention of how/why. They did say how great it was to showplace it in the pit area.

I was yackin all about it, but never heard 1 person say, "WOW, that's an old dinosaur!!" or other comments.

Raffa never touched it so it wasn't blown up, :lol:

I just kept going back to it....

Mickey Dunlap
04-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Yes sir, it was next to mint. Sad story that the rider died the day after a race but no mention of how/why. They did say how great it was to showplace it in the pit area.

I was yackin all about it, but never heard 1 person say, "WOW, that's an old dinosaur!!" or other comments.

Raffa never touched it so it wasn't blown up, :lol:

Yea the guy that runs it said a lot of people really liked it. So I guess we will see if they like my old 200x this weekend in NJ.

I just kept going back to it....

Yea the guy that runs it said a lot of people really liked it. So I guess we will see if they like my old 200x this weekend in NJ.