PDA

View Full Version : 85 250sx need heavy duty suspension help

Earllee
04-25-2016, 11:55 PM
i Have an 85 atc250sx. im 260lbs and this stock suspension just aint cutting it. What can i do to make it better? feels like even the rear spring cant handle the load much less the shock which im sure is worn out. also what can i do to improve the front forks? any help would be greatly appreciated. is it possible to do a dual rear shock set up?

edizzle89
04-26-2016, 11:33 AM
im 250 lbs and on my 86 SX the rear seems really stiff to me, but my rear shock is adjusted all the way up so you may try that. im not sure what you can do to make the front end stiffer but you may check to see if the seals are blown, that will make the front end very soft.

filbs
04-28-2016, 10:47 AM
I am interested to see what other options people have used as well. I have heard of someone putting a 300ex shock on one of these but they had to make bushings. A friend of mine is running a modified Rhino shock on his. I have two big reds I am looking to possibly change the suspension on. I want a little more lift and a stiffer ride as I am also what they would consider a "large rider" lol.