PDA

View Full Version : 2006 arctic cat 400 4x4 questions/concerns

shdtreemechanic
04-26-2016, 10:47 PM
Ok so I traded for a 2006 arctic cat 400 my questions where has any one here owned or worked on one of these quads? I got it and it will turn over and is getting good hot blue spark but won't attempt to start if anyone can give me any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

briano
04-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Get a manual. Clean the carb. Stop getting pieces of shyte that do not run. Join an arctic cat forum to answer your arctic cat questions. Not really a shadetree mechanic

shdtreemechanic
04-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Well for one if you've got to be a prick don't comment on my post it was a simple question has anyone on here owned or worked on one of these, second this is the open forum and anything goes so next time don't even waste your breath!! And finally I am a shade tree mechanic and can do anything with a car so if you can't answer a post with some respect stay off it

Scootertrash
04-27-2016, 03:49 PM
If you can do anything with a car then the Arctic Cat should be no problem, The theory of the internal combustion engine is the same for all engines. In order for it to run you need 3 things: compression, fuel, and spark. From your post I see you have ONE of the items, spark. Figuring out the other 2 are the same as if it was a car.

For what it's worth I don't, nor have I ever, owned an Arctic Cat ATV, but I've worked on several.

In addition, there is an ATV forum here too ;)

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php/8-Quad-Central

350for350
05-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I've only worked on/ridden one and it was a 2004 400. It was ok, but not my cup of tea. First I hate the single lever brakes. Second was the biggest issue. In 4x4, the bars were almost impossible to turn. At first I thought it was from having the front diff locked, but it did the same thing after unlocking the diff. I had to put it back into 2wd in order to turn around in the dry grass in my yard. I know several other people who own or have ridden them and no one else has run into this issue. It could be because it was rolled over backward and had maybe had some front end damage. The second reason could be that it was just a POS from the factory. Also when two drunks work on it before you do, parts can be put in some interesting places!