PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Argo

JUNIORFLEX
05-02-2016, 05:55 PM
I have a chance to buy a T-ARGO from my neighbour. Should I buy it? I was in search for a honda big red, but this thing looks cool.

I live in Toronto, ontario, Canada area. Apparently the parts guy is 4 hours north of me.

Not too complicated to maintain/repair? Built like a bullet?

I'm on the fence to buy it. Please any advice is appreciated.

BTW, pretty sik to have this club!

hoosierlogger
05-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Buy it! I like mine.

Not that it matters, but what's he want for it?

Troyg25
05-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Is this one listed for 1250? 1983 650.

It looks great for the year. I'd say offer him 1000 for it and go from there. If it's what you want buy it because they don't come up often unless you want to travel far for one.

hoosierlogger
05-02-2016, 08:14 PM
It wouldn't be an 83 either. I think Matt said 55 or 60 are all that's accounted for out of the 322 made.

coolpool
05-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Mattdragontamer in North Bay is your guy. He has the monopoly on all remaining Taurus parts in the world! And he's a super nice guy too ;-). I'll text him to look at your post.

MattDragontamer
05-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Have no fear, Matt is here! :P

Hey, shoot any questions you have, I will keep checking back.

hoosierlogger
05-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Have no fear, Matt is here! :P

Hey, shoot any questions you have, I will keep checking back.
Where can I buy a factory speedometer for a 650? Also I need a new cup holder. Mine is rusty.

MattDragontamer
05-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Where can I buy a factory speedometer for a 650? Also I need a new cup holder. Mine is rusty.

lol, dunno about the speedo... but let me finish my soup and your new cup holder will be ready. :)

JUNIORFLEX
05-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks all ! Yea the on Kijiji. And I'm now in contact with Matt our Argos king.

I can't access those threads you guys linked.

My question is this; are the Argos never in the shop like Honda's, seldom or a lot?

I never go mudding. And when I hit the trails I never beat the hell out of my current machine.

JUNIORFLEX
05-03-2016, 07:20 AM
^^^Any feedback appreciated. I think I need 2 months to access threads of the past.

Ghostv2
05-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Thanks all ! Yea the on Kijiji. And I'm now in contact with Matt our Argos king.

I can't access those threads you guys linked.

My question is this; are the Argos never in the shop like Honda's, seldom or a lot?

I never go mudding. And when I hit the trails I never beat the hell out of my current machine.

They are never in the shop because they are so rare.

JUNIORFLEX
05-03-2016, 08:01 PM
^^^^^LOL

If anyone wants to know, I looked at the trike and mechanically it felt real solid. If the seat wasn't ripped and the trike was washed, it would have shown excellent condition. The front tire had a few cracks, other then that it I loved the machine. The thing is a monster.

Did I buy it? NO

Reason being is, a few guys told me that although you trail ride and have fun with them, their main purpose is for 'work'. I told the owner I would sleep on it, but if I was going to purchase it my offer was $900. She agreed. If anyone wants this one, $900 is a solid price on a beast and a piece of history.

In search for a honda 3 wheeler now.....

hoosierlogger
05-03-2016, 08:39 PM
That's a hell of a buy if it's in that nice of shape. You will likely never get another chance at another that nice.

coolpool
05-08-2016, 11:03 AM
I for one know they are trail capable; I've rode with Matt in Alberta and in the infamour red clay of Indiana at Trikefest. They ride nice, it has a disc brake in the rear that works and full floorboards to rest your feet on. If that was a running/ shifting machine for $900, best go get it. Matt recovered two of his seats fairly easy.

350for350
05-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I say buy it. Any three wheeler is better than none!