PDA

View Full Version : Fort McMurray Wildland Fire - Thoughts and Prayers to All!

coolpool
05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
I know we have at least one forum member with a nice Big Red from the Fort McMurray area who would've been one of the 88,000 evacuated this week. This has been an unseasonably warm and dry Spring throughout all of Alberta and it's wreaking havoc with the forests. Me and my wife have come up with a bit of an evacuation plan as that fire is only a few hundred kms North of us with nothing but bush in between. Luckily prevailing winds don't usually come from the North this time of year. But anything is possible with the all the dry bush around our city. I guess wood smoke will be the scent for the summer this year! The Canadian Red cross is accepting donations if anyone is so inclined to help the displaced persons. That motorcyclist must be feeling the heat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCc1FvZ3g0Q

atc007
05-06-2016, 04:06 PM
It is absolutely horrific. There is no stopping mother nature. Prayers for all.

Hunting Chip
05-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks Coolpool. I saw the wildfire on the news this morning and I immediately jumped on here to see how the Cold Lake boys are doing. Pretty scary stuff. Good idea having your evacuation plan ready. You know how it goes...If you're not ready, you may need it...if you're prepared, you probably won't. At least I hope that's the way it will go. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and your families.

AK47KID
05-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Most importantly keep your trikes safe!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

coolpool
05-07-2016, 12:21 PM
We're getting evacuee's in Cold Lake everday but most are going to Edmonton. It's amazing how the whole province and country is pitching in to help, humbling to say the least.

It gets pretty intense around the 1:46 minute mark for the motorcyclist on the Youtube video!

El Camexican
05-07-2016, 12:45 PM
The wife asked me if I knew anyone up there today. I didn't even know there was a fire till she asked. Ya'll stay safe. We had this happen a lot in MB and things can get weird in town when the population jumps so fast.

Let's hope the winds revers and the rains fall hard :beer