PDA

View Full Version : I've been here 17 years this week,or maybe next week?

YAMAHA_Jim
05-07-2016, 12:48 AM
Not as active here as I used to be but still peek in once in awhile.Great to see some old timers are still here,and all the newbies too. Awesome to see TF is still going strong...I still remember the early TF's. '03 '04 '05
The Tri -Z's, ytm200, and blasters still reside here, neither have been started in a few years, as usual :)

Matt85'350x
05-07-2016, 11:51 AM
I see you're from rock hill my. I used to go to the rock hill church of the Nazarene. Grew up in South woods.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Just think, we have members here that have been breathing air for as long as you have been a member! :beer

ATC-Eric
05-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I was just thinking of this today. Ive been a member for going on 13 years.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-08-2016, 05:41 PM
I know that church,I used to ride in and around Southwoods every weekend in the 90's and early 00's.There is an old mx track there that held races up until 1990.Probably all grown over by now.Miles of trails and old railroad tracks there too.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-08-2016, 05:44 PM
RIDE-RED 250r, I will be 40 in 17 days, I'm not looking forward to it at all. I feel it too :(

RIDE-RED 250r
05-08-2016, 08:28 PM
You're only a year and a half ahead of me.. At 38 I'm still trying to figure out how I can hurt myself SLEEPING and for that matter when that nonsense started! Sitting here in my recliner with a hot corn bag on the side of my neck as we speak! LOL!

My shoulders and elbows have begun going downhill fast over the past 3-5 years. Most times I can't lift a full 5 gallon can of fuel up into a pickup bed unless I use two hands any more.. Not for a lack of strength, but crappy shoulders and elbows. Tree work at my job always puts it in overdrive too. I'm the bucket truck guy, running the chainsaw with one hand and steering the falling branch with the other puts a hurtin on me.

MIK6
05-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Welcome back jim!!
I thought you might have passed out under that desk again!! Lol
Glad you still have the atvs.. I've been hosting a ride here the last few years, I'd love to have you show to repay the ride at you place back in 2000..

Dirtcrasher
05-08-2016, 10:20 PM
^ I know, I do remember Jim and I'm sure a few others. I joined the board (version 1.0 lol) in 1998, then 2.0 and up to the present board.

Not saying I'm anything special now, but I most certainly didn't know anything about trikes back then, :lol:

So many people have no idea who "threewheelio" is to this day......

YAMAHA_Jim
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Matt has me looking through old high school yearbooks now...
Hey Mik6,been awhile since I was under a desk surrounded by empty Heineken bottles.I gave up riding,my butt gets sore just sitting on them now.I see the woods on foot now w/ a big backpack.I've hiked almost every trail in the Catskills 2-3 times. I still have a pre-digital pic of your tecate in my yard.
I will never forget Tim (threewheelio) Warburton, RIP.

DohcBikes
05-09-2016, 09:05 AM
36 y.o. Broke my neck, dislocated my hip and shoulder a year and a half ago in a spectacular quad crash.

Damn near in the best shape of my life today. Amazing what a little gym time can do. :idea:

Congrats to everyone on your tenure.

Matt85'350x
05-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Matt has me looking through old high school yearbooks now...
Hey Mik6,been awhile since I was under a desk surrounded by empty Heineken bottles.I gave up riding,my butt gets sore just sitting on them now.I see the woods on foot now w/ a big backpack.I've hiked almost every trail in the Catskills 2-3 times. I still have a pre-digital pic of your tecate in my yard.
I will never forget Tim (threewheelio) Warburton, RIP.

I don't know that you'll find me-I graduated from Monticello high school in 2005. I know exactly the track you're talking about-you could get to it from a trail at the end of my road (Hiram Jones rd.). You probably were going right past my house to get to it. I only ever rode that track on my mountain bike, never had any wheelers growing up. Watching everyone pass my house on their wheelers is part of why I'm into them now. The track when I was last at it was still being used (albeit illegally) but it had been deteriorated from lack of maintenance. The quarry was another favorite riding spot along with the power line trails.

YAMAHA_Jim
05-09-2016, 09:16 PM
We always parked at the end of Hiram Jones road and rode from there to the track, or rode from my house in rock hill.Also camped out down by the river a bunch of times until NYS bought that property and gated it off. I know/knew a bunch of people that lived in south woods back then. The old quarry was fun too,also the big sand pit across the river from the quarry (Mik6 was there once too)..Those were the days!!! :)