PDA

View Full Version : 200M Rear Wheel CreakingNoise

JDB
05-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum and a new owner of an 85 Honda 200M. I just bought the trike a few weeks ago and I am having a blast with it, never having owned a three wheeler before. A couple of days ago I noticed a distinct creaking noise coming from one of the rear wheels. I've researched this site and others trying to pinpoint what it might be. I've read a lot about bad axle bearings and at first I thought that was the problem. But from what I understand, the axle bearings are located in the middle area of the axle and the noise I am hearing is definitely coming from the outer wheel/hub area. When I prop the machine off the ground I don't notice any play in the axle or wheels. Are there outer bearings located in the wheel/hub? I plan to take things apart but would like a better understanding of the design of the wheels/axle/etc. before doing so. Any help/advice/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

86125m
05-07-2016, 02:24 PM
the noise is probably coming from the rear breaks. It probably time for new brake shoes.

JDB
05-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. But the brake shoes/drum are located in the center of the axle, correct? The noise is clearly originating from the wheel and not the the brake drum or axle bearing area. If I am wrong about that please let me know. Thanks again for helping.

roostin atc
05-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Take it apart and grease it up. Probably was taken apart at one time and put back together with no grease.

JDB
05-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Thanks I will give that a try.