PDA

View Full Version : Info PLEASE--What should i pay for this?

PawPaw
05-11-2016, 10:19 AM
It's killing me to find a set of Brush guards/nerf bars for my 250ES. Found a guy that has one in decent shape, and he also has a NICE set of 250ES wheels with BRAND NEW condition Ohtsu ProAm 501 tires. Still have the nipples on them. Were bought new in 2012 and never really ridden on at all. Am I crazy if I offer him $1000 for all of it? Any help from somebody that knows the value of this stuff would be hugely appreciated. THANKS!!

atctim
05-11-2016, 10:26 AM
If you've got the $1000 and really want the stuff he is selling - it should be a no brainer. I saw a set of 501s sell for roughly $800 not long ago - so no, you are not out of line with the cost of these items.

wonderboy
05-11-2016, 10:30 AM
The OEM tires for all the machines have been skyrocketing in value lately. I honestly don't know the value of the brush gaurds, but the OEM tires go for between 300-500 if in brand new condition (depending on the machine). A grand might not be out of line, but you'd be paying the premium price for those tires... by the way, are you talking about 2 tires, or all 3?

What do you figure the brush guard is worth? 200-300?

On a complete side note, your screen name caught my attention. I grew up in a city in Michigan by the same name (well, with a space in the middle): Paw Paw.

EDIT: I saw Tim's post after I posted... I had no idea the prices had gone up even more than last time I looked...

PawPaw
05-11-2016, 10:38 AM
All 3 tires. Its all on a junk machine but it also has a few other items....one real nice rear fender, and it runs OK so theres that. But, I want the tires and brush guard. Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated! Oh and my screen name comes from all o these youngsters that work for me. They are all in their 20's, they call me PawPaw because they still think mid 40's is old.

Keepah Rolln
05-15-2016, 01:02 AM
I just picked up a 250 big red with the brush guards on it..If the tires are not dry cracked and your willing to spend the money go for it..You can always try to talk them down....I have nos oem Honda 250sx tires with lines and nubs on them and ive been offered 900$ for all 3..I cant sell them but I feel guilty for having them on my sx and have put about 40 light ice fishing miles on them...I'm taking them off and wall mounting them soon...