PDA

View Full Version : Dead Horse? power valve TRI-Z

adamszwheeler
05-14-2016, 07:38 PM
So I ordered some parts off the good ol evilbay...yz250 top end. It should be here monday. I dont know if anyone saw it listed but it was listed as a basically complete power valve conversion. You can still find it if you search tri-z cylinder in completed listings... I know there is already a ton of stuff on the site considering the swap but I am sure I will have questions... here's probably my first of many...anyone see the lot I bought? Decent? I bought it on a whim and he will take refunds if it does not work or fit so I am not to worried. Looks like I will need a few more things than he said I would like the power valve cover seal. As far as I can tell its discontinued from yamaha. I asked the seller after purchase what year yz its off of and waiting on a reply. Wondering what other years seal will work? Looks like the intake on the jug comes straight out with a slanted rubber intake...looks early not like the 88/89...possible 83/84 yz top end? Will the straight rubber intake off an 86/87 bolt up? Thanks...hope I am not beating a dead horse here....if someone can post links to swaps rather than me spending hours looking for good info that would be great as well!

adamszwheeler
05-14-2016, 07:46 PM
ok so I kinda posted in the wrong spot... havent signed on in a couple years at least...my bad... help would still be appreciated

Red Rider
05-14-2016, 09:35 PM
You've probably already found this thread, but just in case you haven't, here ya go: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/161772-Tri-z-PowerValve

Good luck with the project.

NeverLift
05-14-2016, 10:03 PM
I've got 85 yz components on mine so I could answer any questions you have with that. Post up a link to what you bought.