PDA

View Full Version : Unauthorized Windows 10 Upgrade

Flyingw
05-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Get a load of this crap!!!!! Saturday night I walk out to the garage and I look at my laptop and its 70% through the Windows 10 upgrade. I don't want nor did I ask for the upgrade but there it was. Ok, so I go ahead and settle in and do some tweaking on my laptop. I wondered if maybe I accidently clicked on the OK button or something. Today I fired up my desktop computer to do some work and all is well. I'm still running Windows 7 on that with no issues. WELL!!!! Tonight I walk in to my comper room and I look at the screen and it's staring back at me with a big "WELCOME TO WINDOWS 10". ARE YOU F@CKING KIDDING ME!!!!! I guess Windows 10 is being forced down our throats thanks to Microsoft and their partner... The Govt. In case you didn't know it, Windows 10 is the biggest data miner on the planet. They are collecting every key stroke, every site you go to, reading emails, logging your contacts and everything else you do on your computer. They can turn on your web cam and your microphone too and yes, like I said, they are partnered with the Govt. Take that any way you want to. Privacy my ass............. and people wonder why I don't do online banking and bill pay........ I don't keep anything on my computers that I wouldn't want anybody off the street to see but its the principal of the matter. Anybody else had this happen to you?

El Camexican
05-25-2016, 11:35 PM
Looks like we're all going to be getting it within the year. Nice. It doesn't matter which button you clicked. Read this article.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/bill-gates-of-hell-windows-10-hijacks-computers/

fieldy
05-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Windows 10 w/o touch screen + dell. Bs x 2. Wants to snag everything to some place in the sky. I left it on one day and swore the cam came on. F them, i wont do what they tell me.

JacobMonster
05-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Skynet is taking over.

This happened on my laptop. Had Windows 8. Upgraded to 8.1 and lost my driver.
Same thing happened to me with Windows 10, it upgraded itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Jd110
05-26-2016, 03:14 AM
If I don't turn into a zombie before retirement, it's all fine with me. Thanks for the warning.

JesseA420
05-26-2016, 05:07 AM
lol.

first, anyone who wants to keylog you or read your emails can do that on any version of windows.
second, the windows 10 update was in optional on your regularly scheduled windows updates a few months ago. if you had your windows updater set to notify of available updates instead of automatically download all critical and optional updates like you are suppposed to, you could have just unchecked the 10 installer.

big specht
05-26-2016, 06:27 AM
It's rise of the machines.

Mosh
05-26-2016, 06:49 AM
Bad thing is, as a tech I have to program car pcm's. The software from the manufacturer websites that you download the programming from is non compatible with windows 10. I have been avoiding the upgrade for months now...I dont like frigging new trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, and new ideas generally yeild new problems.

Like to take all of society, economy, political crap, and so called, "technology" back to system restore, 1985....

F3joel
05-26-2016, 07:14 AM
Not a problem if you rock linux.
Although I do have a to keep a device with windows around for the powercommander...

JesseA420
05-26-2016, 08:04 AM
windows 8.1 will be fully supported until 2018 and will continue to get updates until 2023.

you dont have to upgrade if you dont want to, but realistically the windows software on your pc is not yours. u just purchased a license to use it. they can do whatever they want to get you to upgrade to the newest version, which includes quietly slipping it past people who dont physically manage their updates, which seems to be most of the casual users.
its just business. software versions evolve. most users are in the mindset "works good dont feck with it" well that mind state doesn't keep the lights on for tech companies.

83ATC185
05-26-2016, 09:09 AM
Not a problem if you rock linux.
Although I do have a to keep a device with windows around for the powercommander...

DSL or Puppy has almost all of the computing power your everyday person really needs and if you need it wiped, unplug the flash drive!

atc007
05-26-2016, 11:45 AM
I HAD windows 8,clicked on no to upgrade to 10 weekly,,daily sometimes? And yes, mine updated automatically. I assure you I didn't have it timed! It worked clicking no for months! None of our others have yet>? They must really wanna see what you're up to Jim ! Freaking world.......

JesseA420
05-26-2016, 12:51 PM
just roll back to 7 or 8.1, you have 30 days to roll it back if they snuck it by you. no worries.

BOB MARLIN
05-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Same thing happened to me, all of a sudden it just started updating to windows 10. I couldn't stop it. When it was done my scanner didn't work or my wireless printer. Now its got some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that shows up in the corner wanting me to ask her questions and my whole desktop is changed.

RIDE-RED 250r
05-26-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm still running Windows XP on this very (old) laptop.... Guess I'm behind the times. Got a notification about a year and a half ago that XP is no longer supported... Oh well. When it shites the bed I'll get something else. Till then it just keeps plugging along and actually still works pretty good..

atc007
05-26-2016, 10:21 PM
just roll back to 7 or 8.1, you have 30 days to roll it back if they snuck it by you. no worries.
I actually Love it! I'm keeping it.. Zero news to me that every single solitary thing we do on these is public knowledge.

AK47KID
05-26-2016, 10:38 PM
Best you could do is shut your computer off till after the dead line

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AK47KID
05-26-2016, 10:40 PM
I got on the family PC and it showed up as "your schedule will start soon"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

250rAL
05-28-2016, 01:04 PM
This happened to me about a week ago. Luckily I caught it before it finished. I shut off the computer and restarted in safe mode. I Googled about the auto upgrade to 10 and saw some people were getting this as far back as March. I downloaded a tool that cleaned out all the files to do with it and hopefully stopped it from repeating. So far, I haven't gotten any more Windows 10 popups.