PDA

View Full Version : 350x swingarm bearings

22LB
05-27-2016, 12:05 AM
Trying to get the bearings out of swingarm where the bolt goes through. I used a socket and sledge and got them to move an inch or so seams like they wont move anymore. Will those beat out either way or is there some type of lip in there to keep bearings from sliding

22LB
05-27-2016, 12:09 AM
232139 cant seam to get them this point

mdmike
06-01-2016, 11:30 AM
It looks like you're stuck with just the outer cage for the roller bearings now?

On my 200X, I got down to that point and ended up having to use a sawzall to cut through the race to get the rest out. (this was after I tried the socket/extension/hammer method and heat). I'm sure it goes without saying, but take it easy and be careful not to cut into the swing arm itself.

Also, when I went to put the new bearings back in, I tried to "gently" tap them in with a dead blow hammer with a bunch of grease for lube. All that did was deform the bearing cage and destroy the bearing. When I got my second set of bearings, I ended up using the stock swing arm bolt and a big washer to draw the bearing into the swing arm.

TrashTrike
06-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Both of my bearing races were stuck and rusted in my frame so bad when I did my swing arm bearings, I thought there was no way they would ever come out. What finally worked for me is heating them with a propane blow torch until the bearing is almost red hot or for a few minutes, then shocking them with PB blaster. The heat helped break the bearing races free and the penetrating oil cooled the races allowing them to shrink just enough to let the penetrating oil soak in. Came right out after doing that.

Cutting them will work as well, as mentioned previously

TSpencer
11-20-2020, 06:22 PM
I know this is an old thread but I've tried both previously mentioned methods. When I went to remove the bearings, there was nothing to remove but a thin wall of steel left from the bearing race. What you see in the pics is all that was in there. The one pic is from the side I was working on. Is the swingarm even salvageable? I tried the torch and PB method, I've cut one with a Sawzall and mini hacksaw. It looks like its all the way through but its starting to score the swingarm. (I cut it even more after I took the pic) I beat them with an impact socket (destroyed) and even rapped it a bunch of times with a cold chisel. It seems as if its welded to the swinger. Any other options? Thanks guys.265212265213265214265215

oldskool83
11-20-2020, 07:31 PM
Use head, and a socjwt and punch, they will come right out. Just always use head, najes any job easier.

TSpencer
11-21-2020, 10:37 AM
Use head, and a socjwt and punch, they will come right out. Just always use head, najes any job easier.

Not exactly sure what this means:confused:

RapidRick
11-21-2020, 11:36 PM
Just replaced the same on my 350x swingarm. Tried everything. Used a cutting torch with a small tip and vary carefully cut what was left of the bearing out.

Replaced with Delrin bushings. Won't have that problem again.