PDA

View Full Version : TrikeFest MX 2016 RESULTS posted Page 3

keister
05-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Trikefest Moto Cross will be held on Friday, June 24, 2016 at Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN.
Riders meeting at NOON, with racing to follow shortly.
The track will be open to practice all morning and hopefully Thursday, as well.
Provided it is still there, we will be using the same small TT-style track as in 2015.

Classes have been added. There are now 13 classes from which to choose.

This lineup is not a race order - merely a listing of all classes available for entry. We will make every attempt to ensure that you do not have to run back to back if you enter more than one class.

There is no entry fee. SIGN-UPS WILL CLOSE Thursday evening (June 23). Make sure you find me or ATC-Tim to sign up prior to that. Advanced on-line sign up may be done in this thread.

Rule change: Each class will only run once. This not only encourages running multiple classes, but should also help move the program more quickly.

The 2-stroke classes listed are based more on rider ability than the machines. The intention is to place you on the track with other riders of similar skill level, for competitive and fun racing. If you have a question as to what class you belong in, please don't be afraid to ask.

As always, we will need volunteers to flag on jumps and corners. Please help out by flagging a few races if you can. Nobody wants to be out there all day, so the more people, the better.

Number of laps will be discussed and determined at the riders meeting. Weather and the length of the track will be two of the determining factors.

Unlimited Open Expert - No limitations on displacement or mods. Run what you brung. Expert riders with extensive MX experience ONLY!

2-Stroke Expert (A class) - Expert only class for vintage trikes. Any modifications must be 1980's period correct. No inverts, no 450 conversions.

2-Stroke Advanced (B class) – Generally 250cc two-stroke riders with MX racing experience.

2-stroke Novice (C class) – Mostly 250cc two-stroke riders with little or no MX racing experience.

(^^^ if you won C class last year, move up to B. If you won B class, move up to A)

350X class - Highly competitive and a blast to watch. Big bores and worked motors are permitted.

Mid Size Sport – 200X class. Big bores and worked motors are permitted.

Mid Size Utility - 250cc and under 4 stroke, or 175cc 2 stroke with front and rear suspension such as 250ES, 250SX, YTM225, etc

Hard Tails (semi-suspended) – Front suspension only, such as 200S, 200M, YTM200, YT175, etc.

Unsuspended – Up to such as ATC70, 90, 110, YT60, YT125, ALT125, etc. Pitbike motors are permitted, suspension is NOT. Any common Lifan, Chinese, or other clutch pitbike motor (125, 140, 150cc or bigger is allowed).

Ladies Trike - Ladies of all ages on any size 3-wheeler.

Kids Trike – Kids up to 13 years old and 125cc.

Geriatric class – Age 40 and over on any size three-wheeler.

Conversion class - Dirtbike conversions, quad conversions, custom built 3-wheelers are all permitted. This is a brand new class for 2016.

Post any questions you have about classes in this thread.

2 NEW RULES for 2016:
1. Protective gear: Full face helmets are required for MX. No sneakers or gym shoes!
2. Number plates are required. Does not need to be fancy, but paper plates are no longer permitted. They rarely last the entire moto.

Protective eyewear, long sleeves, long pants, chest protector, riding boots, gloves, and tether kill switch are not yet required but are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

ONLINE SIGN UP BEGINS IS NOW CLOSED!!

keister
05-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Example:

I would like to sign up for ladies class.

BOARD NAME: Hottiebabe
NAME: Sharon Peters
MACHINE: KLR650 conversion
RACE NUMBER: 68

Eric250R
05-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Board name : Eric250R
Name: Eric Banks
Class: conversion
Machine: Tionesta Trikes 450R
Number: 311

Class: 2-stroke advanced
Machine: Kawasaki Tecate
Number: 311

86T3
05-28-2016, 02:55 AM
BOARD NAME: 86T3
NAME: Joe Swatland
MACHINE: KLX 450 conversion
RACE NUMBER: 64

Open expert and conversion class
BOARD NAME: 86T3
NAME: Joe Swatland
MACHINE: KLt160
RACE NUMBER: 64
Hard tail

Is there going to be a hard tail challenge bonus again this year? I think I could throw some swag to make it interesting.

El Camexican
05-28-2016, 10:28 PM
Which class is least likely to have others flying over my head as I roll cautiously through the doubles: 2 stroke novice, or geriatric?

Can the numbers be just on the rear (hanging off the bumper), or do they have to be on the front as well?

keister
05-28-2016, 10:41 PM

keister
05-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Can the numbers be just on the rear (hanging off the bumper), or do they have to be on the front as well?

Excellent question. Both would be preferred, but the really important thing is to make sure the scorer knows who you are as you exit the track. Trophies only go to top 3, so if you get 4th or lower, none of that matters anyway.

86T3
05-28-2016, 10:55 PM
Which class is least likely to have others flying over my head as I roll cautiously through the doubles: 2 stroke novice, or geriatric?

If it's the same track as last year you don't need to worry about any high flyers. It was more of a TT track than MX, which made for some exciting racing.

jeswinehart
05-29-2016, 12:20 AM
If ANY of you riders are in need of a number plate please PM ME with color choice + race number/lettering so I can tag with your info and drop by my camp on AlkyHill to p/u.
Detailing these out for TrikeFest2016 is one of my holiday week end projects (on right ~ done / on left yet to do).
I have been in contact with https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Line-Graphics-126896510698501/ (Bruce),,, orhttp://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/4019-blue27
He won't be able to attend TF2016 this year so have your number/letters or what ever planned out ahead of time to affix to 1/4 inch mesh. Perhaps time left to get some of his awesome lettering/number products B-4 TF2016 no matter what you want to put them on,,,,
Looking SO forward to seeing some most awesome world class racing (in my world anyway) !!!

john

El Camexican
05-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Ok, here's to hoping my body lasts the week.

BOARD NAME: El Camexican
NAME: Nicholas Psooy
MACHINE: YTM 200
RACE NUMBER: 13
CLASS: Hard Tail

BOARD NAME: El Camexican
NAME: Nicholas Psooy
MACHINE: YTZ 250
RACE NUMBER: 13
CLASS: Geriatric +

Trophies only go to top 3, so if you get 4th or lower, none of that matters anyway.

I'll be the mobile chicane, so no worry about getting the number right :lol:

El Camexican
05-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Hey Hottibaby, it just occurred to me that you may be missing the boat on a very competitive ATV class. Have you ever considered a Utility Class race? Participants would have to have rear racks and each would need to secure an equally weighted hay bale to it and complete the race without losing the bale. Duct tape permitted.

So what about signing up for other events, like drags, hill climbing, wheelie contests and barrel racing, or are the rest impromptu? I prefer to sign up online rather than onsite. Drinking and signing may not be a good idea for some of us.

loshe191
05-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Board name:loshe191
Name:Jeff Loshe
Machine:85ATC250R
Race number:191
Class:two stroke novice c class

Queef Chief
05-29-2016, 05:14 PM
I would like to sign up for the 2stroke novice class:

Board Name: Queef Chief

Name: Jason Dowell

Machine: '85 250r

Race Number: 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikey kinikey 4
05-29-2016, 08:09 PM
I had ran c class last year and finished first first time ever racing because of rain should i enter c or b 2stroke this year

keister
05-29-2016, 09:10 PM
I had ran c class last year and finished first first time ever racing because of rain should i enter c or b 2stroke this year

If you won C, you race B this year. Congrats on the win and good luck moving up in class.

mikey kinikey 4
05-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Ok thanks alot

mikey kinikey 4
05-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Board name : mikey kinikey 4
Name :mike loshe
Machine:86 atc 250r
Number:4
Class:b 2stroke
I need to enter my son and his buddy they are not baord members
Name :triston loshe
Machine:85 honda atc 250r
Class:c class 2stroke novice
Number:17
Name:Jarren Graumax
Machine :85 atc 250r
Class:c class 2 stroke novice
Number:23

knipfeldustin
05-31-2016, 09:06 PM
Board Name : knipfeldustin
Name : Dustin Knipfel
Machine : 82 250R
Number : 55
Class : 2 stroke novice "c class"

keister
06-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Hey Hottibaby, it just occurred to me that you may be missing the boat on a very competitive ATV class. Have you ever considered a Utility Class race? Participants would have to have rear racks and each would need to secure an equally weighted hay bale to it and complete the race without losing the bale. Duct tape permitted.

We have done utility competitions before. It has been many years. So many events... so little time!

So what about signing up for other events, like drags, hill climbing, wheelie contests and barrel racing, or are the rest impromptu? I prefer to sign up online rather than onsite. Drinking and signing may not be a good idea for some of us.

As soon as MX ends, drag race sign-up begins. This is done in person with Billy and Xowner. Since those brackets need to be very structured and with tech inspection, etc., that process is more formal (about as formal as things get at TF). Sign-ups generally stay open for about 2 hours, are mostly held in the snack bar area beside the office. If you miss drag sign-ups on Friday afternoon, you are SOL come Saturday.

When you crest the top of Devil's Backbone to the applause of adoring trike fans, you have entered the hill climb competition.

Barrel racing may happen 2 or 3 different nights. It doesn't get dark until 10pm at Haspin in June. The lights magically come on (beside the mud pit) and the crowd just filters in. Show up at the starting line on a trike to enter. There are no rules and no losers. Attendance at this event constitutes a win in my book!!

NeverLift
06-02-2016, 05:43 PM
BOARD NAME: Neverlift
NAME: Jake Mueller
MACHINE: Tri-z
RACE NUMBER: 727
Class: 2 Stroke B

I have never raced any sanctioned MX. But I've been to a hand full of tracks on practice days with my quad (around 30 times over the years). I am hope to get in some practice on Thursday and one of you veterans can tell me what class I belong in. I see 2 stroke A says no inverts. What about B and C?

Trike_crazy
06-03-2016, 06:58 AM
BOARD NAME: Trike_crazy
NAME: Tyler Mayfield
MACHINE: YTM225
RACE #: 77
CLASS: MID SIZED UTILITY

MACHINE: 86 125m
CLASS: UNSUSPENDED

keister
06-03-2016, 11:50 AM
I have never raced any sanctioned MX. But I've been to a hand full of tracks on practice days with my quad (around 30 times over the years). I am hope to get in some practice on Thursday and one of you veterans can tell me what class I belong in. I see 2 stroke A says no inverts. What about B and C?

Well, this isn't sanctioned either, so your perfect record will remain intact.

Here's the line of reasoning on inverted forks:
No inverts in 2 stroke A because we are trying to keep that class very vintage, pure, and period correct.
If you are good enough to race A class, and if you are sporting modern inverted forks, you should be running Unlimited Open Expert.
While we haven't held true to this in the past, 2 stroke A is from here forward about expert racers on vintage machines only.

B & C classes are much more about rider ability than machine. C is for guys who have never been on a track.
Having never seen you ride, it is really hard to say, but based on your description you sound like a B class rider to me.
Please come find me on Wednesday or Thursday. I am looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

keister
06-03-2016, 11:55 AM
BOARD NAME: Trike_crazy
NAME: Tyler Mayfield
MACHINE: YTM225
CLASS: MID SIZED UTILITY

MACHINE: 86 125m
CLASS: UNSUSPENDED

^^^ Love watching this guy ride. Attention Unsuspended and Utility racers - you have been warned! ^^^

NeverLift
06-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Well, this isn't sanctioned either, so your perfect record will remain intact.

Here's the line of reasoning on inverted forks:
No inverts in 2 stroke A because we are trying to keep that class very vintage, pure, and period correct.
If you are good enough to race A class, and if you are sporting modern inverted forks, you should be running Unlimited Open Expert.
While we haven't held true to this in the past, 2 stroke A is from here forward about expert racers on vintage machines only.

B & C classes are much more about rider ability than machine. C is for guys who have never been on a track.
Having never seen you ride, it is really hard to say, but based on your description you sound like a B class rider to me.
Please come find me on Wednesday or Thursday. I am looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

I would like to join the Unlimited Open Expert class but would probably be getting in over my head. For now sign me up for B class. If we can practice on Thursday and you guys think i can move up I will. I will definitely come find you. I've only met a few members here at Rampage a couple years back.

trikeguy2014
06-05-2016, 08:40 AM
BOARD NAME: trikeguy2014
NAME: Blake Bischoff
MACHINE: 85 atc 250r
RACE NUMBER: 27
Class: C Two Stroke

NAME: Evan Pflum
MACHINE: 84 200s
RACE NUMBER: 3
Class: Semi Suspended

trikeguy2014
06-05-2016, 08:50 AM
I raced C last year but took 4th in the rain after taking the holeshot to just killing it on the third corner... If I need to move up to B we can work that out on race day...

Trike_crazy
06-05-2016, 06:15 PM
^^^ Love watching this guy ride. Attention Unsuspended and Utility racers - you have been warned! ^^^
If I could get my hands on a 350x or 250r I'd be in those classes too lol. Maybe next year

keister
06-06-2016, 11:52 AM
I would like to join the Unlimited Open Expert class but would probably be getting in over my head. For now sign me up for B class. If we can practice on Thursday and you guys think i can move up I will. I will definitely come find you. I've only met a few members here at Rampage a couple years back.

I have you signed up in 2-stroke Advanced (B). Believe me, it is a very fast race for riders with track experience. I am anxious to see how it turns out this year. Good luck.

keister
06-06-2016, 11:57 AM
NAME: Blake Bischoff
MACHINE: 85 atc 250r
RACE NUMBER: 27
Class: C Two Stroke

NAME: Evan Pflum
MACHINE: 84 200s
RACE NUMBER: 3
Class: Semi Suspended

Love to see you guys stay for the awards ceremony on Saturday night. Seems like every year Evan whoops up on the competition, then just magically disappears

nicker71
06-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Board name: nicker71
Name: nick muckerman
Machine: 84 250r
Race number: 71
Class: 2 stroke A

Thunder God
06-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Board name :Thunder God
Name : James Dansereau
Machine : 1985 350X
Race number : 100
Class : 350X

Machine : 1985 Big Red
Race number : 100
Class: Utility class

trikeguy2014
06-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Love to see you guys stay for the awards ceremony on Saturday night. Seems like every year Evan whoops up on the competition, then just magically disappears

We should be there for awards last two years I went to Florida leaving late Friday night for vacation... We will be back hoping to take those first place trophies

keister
06-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Some quick math:
882 thread views - 22 entries = a lot of lurkers who still need to sign up.
Let's go people.
It's TRIKEFEST TIME!!

atctim
06-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Board name :ATCTim
Name : Tim Keister
Machine : Undecided
Race number : 75
Class : Geriatric

Machine : ATC200S
Class : HardTail

keister
06-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Board name :ATCTim
Name : Tim Keister
Machine : Undecided
Class : Geriatric

Machine : ATC200S
Class : HardTail

You really should race 'Danny' in A class.

atctim
06-09-2016, 11:42 AM
You really should race 'Danny' in A class.

I might make a change prior to the race depending on an algorithm I'm working on.

keister
06-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Online signups were at an all time low this year.
I will leave this thread open for signup for the next 24 hours.
Tuesday at noon is the deadline to sign up online.
After lunchtime tomorrow, you will need to find me at Haspin on Wed or Thurs to sign up.
Thanks!!

nicker71
06-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Casey88
Casey muckerman
84 250 r
2 stroke novice

nicker71
06-20-2016, 07:28 PM
Casey88
Casey muckerman
Atc70 with 90cc engine
Unsuspended

oscarmayer
06-21-2016, 10:36 AM
good luck everyone and be safe! don't out ride your ability, we don't need you going home in the back of a wambulance. :)
I cannot make it this year, but planning on it for sure next year as we will be done with Baja and will bring the Baja race trikes.

keister
06-21-2016, 11:57 AM
On-line sign-up is now closed.
I should arrive at Haspin tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon.
You have until Thursday night to sign up.
I will try to have the book with me at all times.
My truck is a black Tacoma with an oversized black/red cargo trailer.
Should be up near the house or just down the hill by the pond.
You will more likely find me at devil's backbone, shoe tree, dragstrip, etc.
I spend very little time at camp.

keister
06-29-2016, 11:56 AM
RESULTS

Conversion
1. Jacob Hall
2. Scott Wickersham - Stickers
3. Eric Banks – Eric250R

Geriatric
1. Jim Barkes
2. Eric Moore (Outlaw24)
3. Nico Psooy (ElCamexican)

Unsuspended
1. Jim Barkes
2. Teddy Johnson (U.P. Ted)
3. Tyler Mayfield (Trike_crazy)

2-Stroke Novice – C
1. Jeff Loshe (loshe191)
2. Blake Bischoff (Trikeguy2014)
3. Daniel Patterson (weedan01)

Semi Suspended (Hardtail)
1. Jay Hanz (MrTwisted)
2. Evan Pflum
3. Jacob Hall

2-Stroke Advanced (B)
1. Brent Carr (schlepp29)
2. Jake Mueller (Neverlift)
3. Cory Owenburg

200X
1. Bryan Ditch
2. Ray Eldridge
3. Josh Kravchak

2-Stroke Expert (A)
1. Nick Muckerman (Nicker71)
2. Kyle Kiser (kiser)
3. Ray Eldridge

Utility
1. Brandon Arcaro
2. Tyler Mayfield (Trike_crazy)
3. Jim Barkes

Ladies
1. Regina Swinger (3Queen)
2. Christina Larabee (tina315hxc)
3. Connie Moore

Kids
1. David Swinger
2. Drake Swinger
3. Tyler Kapp

350X
1. James Dansereau (Thunder God)
2. Anthony Allison
3. William Keister (keister)

Unlimited Open Expert
1. Jacob Hall
2. Carl Wickersham (NitroKaw)
3. Louis Mielke

Thunder God
09-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Is there a list of the drag race winners?

keister
09-09-2016, 09:34 AM
I've never seen one. Billy or Xowner should have results