PDA

View Full Version : Got my work cut out for me on my 200X this weekend.

Rob Canadian
05-31-2016, 09:30 PM
Plan on changing rear carrier bearings and new chain and gears. While at it rebuild the rear brakes. Got a new rear caliper W/parking brake and rebuild the rear master cylinder. Bore looks good. It was seized when I got it. Cleaned it up.

A good clean ATC is hard to come by in Ontario. I have seen some amazing ones in the US for a good price. (Well with exchange rate....?)

Shipping to Canada is killer... Need to find some friends. LOL

Plan is to take it to work. I got jackstands, torches ETC. And a big hammer. :)

x-rider
06-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Keep us posted.

Rob Canadian
06-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Will do. I should have got new swing arm bearings too... Saw some Derlin(?) bushings... That will be the next thing. :)

Mackus84
06-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Just a little advice, if you end up having to beat the axle out like i did mine. Put the axle nut backwards, on the axle and flush with the end. Then hit it with the sledge as flat and straight as possible. I messed up the threads on mine taking it out. Luckily had like 3 spares that came with the trike.

Rob Canadian
06-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Things went OK. I got it all done.

Biggest problem was getting the 2 axle nuts to move. Took lots of heat to get them loose.

Axle came out good. No problems at all. Had an issue with the rear brakes. Took the master apart and put it back together the way it came apart. Seems the previous owner did not have it right...:twisted:

Changed the seals the way they should be and all is good.

Mechanically it is good to go now.

Looking forward to getting this out and having some fun. I will post up pics when I can find out to to upload bulk pics.:lol: