PDA

View Full Version : New York State Police "Click it or ticket" campaign

tripledog
06-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Got a seat belt ticket today. I think I can beat the charges, as I was on my motorcycle at the time.

El Camexican
06-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Don't bet on it, they need the money.

jonolanracin
06-03-2016, 11:02 PM
I love to ride around in my 56 chevy it didnt come with seatbelts so they cant give me a ticket lol

fieldy
06-04-2016, 05:08 AM
Everywhere cops are gauwking now to see if its on..yeah its on....my insurance stays the same price if i wear the belt or not. If we wear them shouldn't we get major discount? Can't my computerized vehicle tell them im wearing the belt? I guess if premiums went down the state and insurance companies would get less. I thought state made more money from belt tickets and ins. Co, less people damage in accidents? Uh, thats not fair, oh wait.....i see, its more attack and tax on American people's wages. Real weiner......them, they both can L$ckit or S$ickit.

El Camexican
06-04-2016, 03:07 PM
I wish driving and texting was a shoot on sight offence.

DohcBikes
06-04-2016, 05:58 PM
^LOL. And how many of your own family members would pay the price?

*Typed while driving.

El Camexican
06-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Zero. It's become a menace than drunk drivers.

Dirtcrasher
06-04-2016, 11:31 PM
^ You bet!!

Around slower traffic I see about 50% of the vehicles coming towards me looking down at the phone or punching away; Cuz it's slower so it's AOK ya know??, :lol:

dlmeyer0325
06-05-2016, 12:29 AM
Click it or ticket campaigns are based on safety. I proactively participate in them every year. I have seen more wrecks where the driver or passengers don't wear seat belts and they are drastically worse (minus drunk drivers, they defy the good person dying before their time law). Depending on state (here in Indiana) the citations cost $25 (BREAK THE BANK) and do not affect your insurance. These are a reminders to be safe but also give an underpaid police force an opportunity to work overtime, before or after their stressful shifts. The fees do not go to the officers or department. Seat belt laws have been in place for years and it should not be a surprise when they are suddenly enforced. Drive safe, obey the law, and don't worry when you are pulled over by someone who has more in common with you than you think.

Tripledog no idea how you got a seat belt ticket. If you could give me more info I would be more than willing to figure out the reason.

tripledog
06-05-2016, 02:32 AM
Original post was my poor sense of humor rearing its ugly head. Just trying to break some of the tension on this site as of late.

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Original post was my poor sense of humor rearing its ugly head. Just trying to break some of the tension on this site as of late.

Well you'd better buckle up buddy, cuz your threads about to go off the tracks :lol:

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Back to texting and driving (no one cares what your post was about trip dog ;)) I would say on a 60 minute drive through Monterrey I will avoid being in an accident that would not have been my fault at least 3 times on average and of those three times at least twice the other drivers will be staring intently at a phone scree as they swerve into my lane, or blow a stop sign.

I started using a dash cam a couple years back so that I have a record of cause in the event of a wreck. The problem has become epic down here. On that one hour trip I mentioned I will see at least 2 if not more as I'm driving across town.

tripledog
06-05-2016, 10:16 AM
I saw a news report where a teen aged girl said she texts while driving because "There's like nothing else to do while you are driving". Okay. How about CONCENTRATING on driving?

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 10:35 AM
I saw a news report where a teen aged girl said she texts while driving because "There's like nothing else to do while you are driving". Okay. How about CONCENTRATING on driving?

TEXTING: "What you do when dodging all the other texters on the road becomes boring and mundane"

RIDE-RED 250r
06-05-2016, 10:55 AM
I may be wrong, but I recently heard that here in NY a seat belt ticket gets you 4 points on your license and costs a heck of alot more than the $25 the state of IN charges.

Like helmet laws, the small government libertarian in me hates seat belt laws. It is absolutely good practice, common sense and does prevent the loss of life. And even in my libertarian utopia where no such laws exist I would still use both and I would require the same for my kids... I just don't like the authoritarian approach our governments like to take on matters such as this despite their "good intentions".

BUT, at the end of the day, despite my disagreement with these laws based on the principle, these are the laws we have and unless they are adhered to, expect to pay the consequences if caught. If one DOES get caught, don't blame the trooper for doing his job.

DohcBikes
06-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Zero.Rrrriiiggghhhtt

stoshu
06-05-2016, 11:14 AM
A little fine for texting is a small price to pay for being careless. I personally know the long term effects from texting and driving. My son was in a head on crash because of it. The last 6 years of my families life has been pure hell because he had to text his girlfriend on his way home from work. He is now paralyzed. We will be dealing with this for the rest of our lives. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars this has cost us.

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 11:16 AM
I may be wrong, but I recently heard that here in NY a seat belt ticket gets you 4 points on your license and costs a heck of alot more than the $25 the state of IN charges.

Like helmet laws, the small government libertarian in me hates seat belt laws. It is absolutely good practice, common sense and does prevent the loss of life. And even in my libertarian utopia where no such laws exist I would still use both and I would require the same for my kids... I just don't like the authoritarian approach our governments like to take on matters such as this despite their "good intentions".

BUT, at the end of the day, despite my disagreement with these laws based on the principle, these are the laws we have and unless they are adhered to, expect to pay the consequences if caught. If one DOES get caught, don't blame the trooper for doing his job.

I was anti helmet and seatbelt as a young fool, but both have saved my life now. When I wrecked my truck in Texas the seatbelt saved me. Had it happened in Mexico I'd be dead because I never wore them down here.

I saw the Federales putting the wallet out of a lump of hamburger a few years back that had rolled an F150 on the highway. The guy made it about 50 yards further than the truck that wasn't in too bad a shape. The belt likely would have saved him. That should have smartened me up, but didn't.

Same deal with lids. When it was a $20 fine I just collected them and paid them once a year, but them they went up and we started getting points, so I had to put one on. Now I wont go further than the corner store without one.

Yea, it's a cash grab, they have to pay the cops some how. If no one sped, or parked wrong we'd have to pay more property taxes, so what the heck, let the dumb people pay them. Just starts to pi** me off when they start doing it with cameras and laser beams. Fact is almost every government agency is broke and the PD was the last one that was self financed. Outrageous fines are just part of the beginning of the end.

The closer we get to 100% taxation the more creative every self serving branch of the government will get as it tries to gets its hand into your pocket first.

Learn to buckle up

ironchop
06-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I hate authoritarian nanny states. No reason to move out of mommies house just as so the government can tell you how to live as if they are anywhere near qualified to do so

The Police officers I know, care. They are the guys that have to take the call to investigate the carnage, hold the surviving victims hands until EMTs get you out of the car and in the ambulance. I have no doubt that it weighs on the mind seeing these things that might have been prevented.

Politicians don't give a fluck about public safety. They care about the public perception of caring and they love the revenue stream. It helps them look morally superior.

Personally speaking, I was driving to work almost four years ago and that morning, I didn't put on my belt. I almost always wear one because being an ex-hoosier, traffic stops are a favorite pastime in central Indiana while the murder rate is soaring and heroin flows in the city like rain. I was indoctrinated by the time I left and took my family to Kentucky and wearing a belt was a habit. So this woman with two small kids pulls out in front of me on a four lane highway 65mph speed limit. She's far more important than anyone else on the road so naturally I'm about to smash her two small kids in the backseat of a Honda civic with my Toyota 4runner on 35s..... I panic and a whip the wheel. Back and forth goes the ass end three times. I tried hammering the gas to catch traction and straighten her up which it did....right into the ditch in between the highway deep into a storm drain. The truck endo-ed at first and when it hit the nose at an angle upside down, it started flipping laterally down the opposite side of the highway against oncoming traffic.....it's was like in slow motion watching the oncoming traffic dodge me while I flip head on into them.... About the third roll, my body from waste up left the vehicle thru the drivers window...head, arms, and all. I remember feeling my dick catch the edge of the window frame and right then I thought "this is it, I've gone and done it and I'm going to die right now".....just then, the truck rolled back over and sort or scooped me back in the window and came to rest in a field opposite the highway. My boots were off my feet and my legs were through the windshield and resting on the hood.

The woman who pulled out in front of me, stopped to look at me bleeding profusely from my face and head, shook her head, and drove off. Nothing is more important than her. Several others did stop to help including the Sheriff who was off duty on his way home.

I tried to move but I could hardly force myself and my neck was stabbing pain and I kept "whiting out" but didn't fully pass out. The local firemen were there in 4 minutes after the truck came to a rest and 90 seconds later I was out on a hardboard and in the ambulance. Got to ER where they scanned and X-rayed me and then next thing I know I'm in a helicopter being flown from BG to Vandy in Nashville so I knew it was pretty bad. I ended up with a broken neck... my C2 broke in three pcs and my C4 had two more fractures.....they all seemed surprised I was alive at all let alone had feeling in my extremities at the ER. I had a halo screwed into my skull in four places and bolted to my chest for fourteen weeks. I "recovered" as good as can be expected with a broken neck according to my docs. I figure I have about 70% mobility now compared to pre accident. I still have occasional pain going on four years later.

My point is I don't believe in nanny state laws. I also don't fault police for following orders and patrolling for seat belt violations instead of patrolling 38th and College Ave. for turf wars and drug dealing while dodging bullets from the alleys.

I do, however, think wearing a seatbelt is a great idea for myself and family. I have no doubt now that it can save your life and I always put mine on.

You results may vary.

Edit to add: props to the off duty Sherriff that day. I work at a shop that makes parts for various firearms and I had four AK47 rifles that we use to test prototype flash hiders and muzzle brakes in the 4runner with me in the way to work. So my carry pistol and those four rifles (smashed to bits now) were all over the highway. The Sherriff asked me if there was guns in the vehicle and i listed them off. He said "that's fine, I just wanted to find and account for them all." While I was on my way to Vandy in a chopper, this officer was gathering up the firearms and he personally drove then to the tow lot to be locked in the owners safe so I could pick them up when I got out of the hospital which I did. Thanks to him whoever he was for looking out for me and my stuff.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Rrrriiiggghhhtt

You don't know sh*t. I suspect that the IQ of any one member of my family is equal to or greater than the sum of any two of yours. That's why none of us text and drive. I only hope when your number comes up you don't take anyone with you.

DohcBikes
06-05-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm smart enough to know what an angry response means.:)

Scootertrash
06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Learned it from personal experience, right?

Okay dicks. I ALREADY TOLD YOU. Start a thread with all caps. Let me know how that works out for ya.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity-Frank Leahy

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm smart enough to know what an angry response means.:)

And you've figured out how to breath with your head up your ass, so bravo.

deathman53
06-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Got a seat belt ticket today. I think I can beat the charges, as I was on my motorcycle at the time.

How is this even possible???? How stupid is the cop??? None of my 5 motorcycles have seatbelts, nor do my atv or ANY 2 or 3 wheeled motor vehicle I ever seen do.

tripledog
06-05-2016, 11:00 PM
How is this even possible???? How stupid is the cop??? None of my 5 motorcycles have seatbelts, nor do my atv or ANY 2 or 3 wheeled motor vehicle I ever seen do.

At the risk of repeating myself, please refer to post #11. This must be how Dr. Frankenstein felt...

El Camexican
06-05-2016, 11:10 PM

LMFAO!!!! Yer killing me dude!

tripledog
06-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Well you'd better buckle up buddy, cuz your threads about to go off the tracks :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIT861RXvFgAbXc0nIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMj BzZmhtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDNg--?p=ozzy+crazy+train&vid=368c5e10835a24122c0b16be9fba7292&turl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOV P.V7d2478dad7d7e021fb1d52b26c53b10b%26pid%3D15.1%2 6h%3D290%26w%3D520%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F91074498&tit=Ozzy+Osbourne+-+Crazy+Train+%28Remastered%29+UN-Official+Video+720+HD&c=5&h=290&w=520&l=289&sigr=10qlbnib6&sigt=121ciuooo&sigi=132tg715l&age=1396713747&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&fr=yhs-avast-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=avast&type=agc511&tt=b

loganm
06-23-2016, 03:51 PM
I usually just slip it on when I see the lights... Haven't been nabbed yet. Unless you're in really slow traffic or at a light chances are they won't be able to tell. Dangerous yes but I don't like the authoritarian approach the government takes.

Dirtcrasher
06-24-2016, 12:04 PM
The people are not stopping. Heads down while driving and I've seen them nearly hit people in the crosswalks; It's not good.

It's so easy to catch, I'm surprised the bubble gums don't catch them and write more tickets!? I guess they're too busy.

Sorry, but it's just as dangerous at any speed. Needs to stop......