PDA

View Full Version : My 250es stored in upright position. Problems?

sawgrass
06-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone I'm new here but have been reading the posts for several months. Many thanks for all of the great information.

I have an 85 250es that I traded for and have had it stored in a building in an upright position for about 6 months. The bike had an electrical problem when I traded and I am ready to get it running now. I am concerned about any possible problems from having it stored in the upright position. Is there any reason to be concerned about the oil reservoir for the cam being dry or having been drained while stored? I noted from the manual that when doing a rebuild to fill the reservoir with oil so that the cam would have lubrication on first start-up. I don't know enough about the engine internals to know if this would be a possible problem but I definitely want to do the right thing. Thanks for looking.

RUNMEDOWN
06-06-2016, 01:00 PM
I don't think it will be an issue, you could always just kick it over some with the run switch turned off so oil is pumped but the engine not fired. Not sure if that is even needed. I stored a 110 in a shed for 7 years (Top end would be dry as a bone) and fired it up with no visible issues (Inspected cam/lifters a year later when rebuilding the head (Installing a big bore kit)) Honda motors are damn near bulletproof

sawgrass
06-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Thanks RUNMEDOWN. Will proceed. Can't wait to do some riding.