PDA

View Full Version : 200es pilot question

gravismaximus
06-07-2016, 01:02 PM
following the manual for setting the pilot screw it should cause it to stall when i turn the pilot screw in. it dont on mine in fact it seems to help it run better (get higher rpm with it all the way screwed in). i dont see in the manual say what the pilot screw is adjusting, is it air or fuel its restricting? anyone know for sure. thanks

it seems to sound like the rev limiter is kicking in around 1/2 throttle so i assumed it wasnt getting enough gas or still has weak spark. and making thepilot adjustment seems to not make a difference either its all the way in or out 2 turns. just changes idle rpm. thoughts anyone:idea:

RUNMEDOWN
06-07-2016, 03:30 PM
following the manual for setting the pilot screw it should cause it to stall when i turn the pilot screw in. it dont on mine in fact it seems to help it run better. It sound like the rev limiter is kicking in around 1/2 throttle
two turns out is a good start point. Yes it should die if closed at idle, there is no rev limiter.

wonderboy
06-07-2016, 06:08 PM
I don't always have a lot of success with those adjustments either. Some other models have a similar adjustment and they just talk about adjusting based on hearing engine speed changes (don't remember the details) but the point is, just because you can't get the engine to die isn't the end of the world. Is something else not right? Probably, but keep at it. Make sure the engine is fully up to temp and idling at the right RPM too. This will make a big difference.

With regard to the function of the screw, I'll repeat what I've read here and elsewhere on the internet (with no real way to verify myself): if the screw is on the airbox side of the carb, it regulates air (screw it in to restrict the air = rich, open it up to let more air = lean). If the screw is on the cylinder head side, it regulates fuel (screw it in to restrict fuel = lean, back it out to let more fuel = rich). I really wish Honda would put this information in their service manuals... it really would eliminate the question.

sammiefish
06-08-2016, 11:37 AM
maybe this helps